Square Enix announced today an upcoming promotional livestream called “Square Enix Presents”. The event will debut next week and will feature a host of game updates, announcements, and more.
The first Square Enix Presents will run for approximately 40 minutes and will be streamed on Square Enix’s YouTube and Twitch channel on March 18 at 10 am PDT / 1 pm EDT / 5 pm GMT / 6 pm CET. The event will be streamed in English, French, German, Italian, and Spanish.
Square Enix teased at the announcements that will take place on the showcase:
- Life is Strange – Be there for the World Premiere of the next game in the critically acclaimed series, where you’ll meet a new protagonist with a fascinating new power.
- Outriders – get a new look at the upcoming RPG-shooter ahead of its release on April 1. If you can pull yourself away from the awesome demo long enough to watch, of course.
- Balan Wonderworld – find out even more about the weird and wonderful platformer, which launches on 26 March.
- Tomb Raider – the series’ 25th Anniversary celebrations continue at Square Enix Presents!
- Marvel’s Avengers – join Earth’s Mightiest Heroes for a special look at the latest additions to the time and space-spanning adventure.
- Just Cause Mobile – the most incendiary series in gaming is coming to mobile and you’ll see it in action. Expect explosions, explosions, and probably some more explosions.
- New mobile game announcements – More mobile mayhem awaits from the award-winning Square Enix Montreal.
- TAITO showcase – take a look at some delightful tiles from Square Enix sister company TAITO.
The inauguration of Square Enix Presents makes clear the intentions of Square Enix to keep its distance from summer events like the ESA’s E3 2021, and Geoff Keighley’s Summer Game Fest. The Japanese giant is following the same strategy as Nintendo with their Direct presentations and PlayStation with the recently announced PlayStation Presents and State of Play.