“It’s Time To Play” reads the official description of PlayStation Europe’s Twitter, and why this does not reveal anything else than a new slogan for the industry giant, it does confirm the massive PS5 leak that appear on 4Chan and was quickly dismissed.
Lets rewind a bit and see some of the information that leaked in that post:
Exclusive launch titles
- Killzone: this game is expected to be a reboot with a “extra focus on multiplayer”. A new SOCOM Reboot is also being developed at Guerrilla Games, using the Decima engine SOCOM is expected to have photo-realistic graphics.
- Demon’s Souls Remake: This will be a full remake, the title will be somewhat different from the original Miyazaki’s creation.
- Gran Turismo 7: This is a huge project that has been in development since 2014, this game would receive support for the next 10 years, it’s the largest project ever made by Sony.
- Ratchet & Clank: This would make the start of a new trilogy, the game will return to space exploration, hoverboots and competitive multiplayer which will be free to play.
- From Remedy Entertainment a ‘New Multiplayer Title’ (Project Vanguard). Sony is planning to acquire the developer based on the game’s reception.
- Wild, from Wild Sheep Studio
The leak suggest that the Sony PS5 is designed to support up to three games and “multiple media functionalities suspended” while a fourth game is running.
Players would also be able to have different states of the same game loaded at the same time. Perhaps a way to understand this feature is something similar to what Grand Theft Auto V achieved with three main protagonist on a different location in the city, this would surely be a flex of raw speed of the SSD supported.
Yesterday an UI of the PS5’s dev kit was leaked, revealing some of the hardware handed to developers.