According to new rumors, Ubisoft’s subscription service, Ubisoft + is headed to Xbox Game Pass in 2021.
Disclaimer – This information has not been verified, therefore this is not factual.
The information was first shared on Twitter via an anonymous leaker, the user claims that the subscription-based service will be added for free and it’s only one of the few surprises that Xbox has prepared for 2021.
Here is the list of ten surprises to come for Xbox players:
- Inxile Entertainment is currently working on a Steampunk AAA RPG. The game supposedly has the second-highest budget for an Xbox game in development aside from Halo (Bethesda/Zenimax not included).
- Obsidian is developing 6 projects including three AAA RPGs. Having grown quite quickly and depending on how lightly in development is being used this may be true.
- Xbox has secured publishing rights for a big unannounced AAA surprise that will launch in 2021.
- xCloud will be joining several new markets next year including iOS and Samsung TVs.
- Several additional titles are launching exclusively to the Xbox ecosystem next year with Forza Horizon 5, Starfield, and Wolfenstein 3.
- UPlay is going to be coming to Xbox Game Pass subscription just like EA Play did for holiday 2021.
- Xbox will be dropping Xbox Live Gold or rolling it into the Gamepass service. Free 2 play games will not require any subscription.
- All (non-MMO) Bethesda/Zenimax titles will be exclusives starting in 2021.
- Xbox is swinging big again and will be acquiring Sega in 2021.
- Xbox has already acquired two additional studios aside from Bethesda/Zenimax with one being large and the other being small.
For those who don’t know, Ubisoft + is essentially the company’s version of Game Pass, it features a catalog of 100+ games, including new releases and premium versions of games. Certainly, a great addition to Xbox Game Pass and a great added value if it’s added for free.
Microsoft’s continuous investment in the gaming industry has been noticeable in recent years, especially with the establishment of Xbox Game Studios, and its consistent acquisition of AAA video game development studios. Xbox Game Pass is pivotal to the Xbox’s goal of reaching the 2.8 billion gamers around the world. Xbox will count with Xbox Game Pass and Project xCloud as the platform to deliver gaming directly to the player’s device.
The most recent acquisitions of the company include the multibillion-dollar deal with Zenimax Media, which added Bethesda Softworks, id Software, Arkane Studios, Machine Games, and Tango Gameworks to Xbox Game Studios. Phil Spencer has also managed to reach an agreement with EA to include EA Play to Xbox Game Pass on consoles and PC.
The informant also claims that SEGA will be joining Xbox’s ranks in the near future, something that seems like a very expensive purchase to make, especially after the acquisition of Zenimax Media, as with all rumors readers should take this information with a grain of salt.
Source: Xbox Worlds