Sony revealed yesterday the new PlayStation App for iOS and Android devices. Sony affirmed that the app was available for all users, however, the app is slowly being launched across iOS and Android versions.
The new PlayStation App “amplify” the players’ connection with friends and the games currently installed on the PlayStation system. The App is “reimagined to enhance your gaming experiences on both PS4 and PS5.”
The PlayStation App will be available through updates on iOS (12.2 or later) and Android (6.0 or later). The new app introduces fresh features such as voice chat, native PlayStation Store integration, and an overall smooth experience.
Check the new PlayStation App down below:
Here’s a list of the key features for the PlayStation App:
- Updated user interface – The first thing you’ll notice is the sleek new user interface of the redesigned PS App. The new home screen lets you quickly see what your friends are playing and access details about your recently played games, including your Trophy List.
- Messages integration – For a unified experience, the PS Messages app feature will now be integrated into the updated PS App so you can seamlessly message your friends all in one place. As part of this integration, PS Messages will no longer be available as a standalone app. Your existing messages and threads in PS Messages will be carried over to the updated PS App.
- Voice Chat and Party Groups – You can now create party groups from PS App, and voice chats with up to 15 other friends through your mobile phone. Also, a note to fans: the PlayStation team is looking into your feedback around the Parties changes introduced in the PS4 system software update 8.00. There are no updates to share today, but thanks for speaking up about your concerns – we’re listening and evaluating.
- Natively integrated PlayStation Store and remote downloads – The new native PS Store experience enables fast and smooth shopping and browsing, with the ability to remotely download games and add-ons directly to your PS4 and PS5.
- New features for PS5 – When PS5 arrives, you’ll be able to remotely launch games, manage storage on your console if you run out of space while downloading a game, and quickly sign in to PS5 straight from the PS App.
- All the latest PlayStation news – The Explore tab surfaces Official News from game developers and PS Blog content to help you stay up to date with the world of PlayStation.