I’m pleased to formally announce the PlayStation Indies initiative. With PlayStation Indies, we hope to spotlight and support the best of the best indie games being published on PlayStation and the entire indie community as a whole. Our goal is to make PlayStation the best place to develop, find, and play great indie games.
Yoshida shared the good news with the reveal of nine of the best indie games to come for PlayStation 4 and Playstation 5, the montage is under a minute long take a look down below:
In the announcement of the PlayStation Indie Initiative, Yoshida explains how the indie community is “increasingly important for the future of the video game industry”. “AAA game development has grown so financially demanding that big companies are finding it harder to take risks to invest in new concepts that may or may not work” Says Yoshida. For this reason, PlayStation decides to give indie developers with “strong vision” their full support.
Below is the list of the nine games revealed yesterday:
- Worms Rumble brings real-time multiplayer action to PS4 and PS5
- Haven is a chill co-op adventure coming to PS4 and PS5
- Introducing Carto, a charming, innovative puzzle adventure coming to PS4
- Hacking-themed platformer Recompile is coming to PS5
- Where the Heart Is: A narrative adventure between truth and fiction, coming winter 2020 to PS4
- The recursive world simulation & puzzle-making process in Maquette
- Action platformer F.I.S.T: Forged in Shadow Torch coming to PS4
- Heavenly Bodies is coming to PS5 and PS4
- Explore ambiguity in Creaks, coming to PS4 this summer