Ubisoft is allegedly planning to create a new Assassin’s Creed game with a reimagined narrative inspired by Naughty Dog’s Uncharted.
Disclaimer – This information has not been verified, therefore this is not factual.
The information arrived from the alleged Assassin’s Creed insider j0nathan who posted a video in which he reveals all the information for the next installment of the critically acclaimed saga.
j0nathan affirms that the current status of the Assassin’s Creed project is uncertain, it’s possible the game that seems to be in early pre-production is not the priority following the recent launch of Valhalla, and the developer’s needs to continue adding DLC to the game.
The leaker affirms that the idea is to add a semi-linear structure inspired by Uncharted. The game could be designed with a semi-open world similar to the one featured in Metro Exodus.
Here is what j0nathan has to say about the upcoming game:
- As he has been saying for some months now, there was a project including Richard the Lionheart in development at Ubisoft, probably Ubisoft Sofia (not clearly said, but implied).
- It’s unclear if the Richard project is on stand-by or abandoned. The development was just starting when Ubisoft moved the development team of Project Richard to Project “Meteor”, which would be a third DLC for Assassin’s Creed Valhalla.
- “The Siege Of Paris” would arrive in September 2021, where “Meteor” would not arrive until at least January 2022.
- “Meteor” was put into development because of two major factors :
- The very positive reception of Valhalla, and Ubisoft would still like to play on the Viking hype.
- COVID has affected Ubisoft a lot (Far Cry 6, Rainbow Six…), and developing a third DLC seems easier than developing a whole game.
- As expected, no new AC Game in 2021. The next one could be released at least by the end of 2022 (but this date seems very unrealistic too).
- The Richard project would have been very different from Origins, Odyssey, and Valhalla. It would have been an Uncharted-like, semi-linear game. For each “game level”, a new semi-open world.
- The Richard Project also included a part during the Third Crusade (1189-1192). The game would then have followed Richard’s journey back to the UK. The character played by the player would not have been Richard, but his “bodyguard”.
- The Richard project would also have focused on two other scenarios: a woman and a man. Their two adventures would have come together at some point in the game.
Ubisoft recently delayed some of its AAA releases, such as Rainbow Six Parasite, Far Cry 6, and more recently, its remake of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. The company has not officially announced a new Assassin’s Creed project.