According to an official PlayStation ad, Gran Turismo 7 will launch in early 2021. An image of the ad says in french: “sortie prévue pour la première moitié de 2021” which translates to “release planned for the first half of 2021”.
The image was shared by ElieTheStig on the GTPlanet forums, it’s reported that some users in Canada are seeing the ad on YouTube.
After its reveal during The Future of Gaming, it was rumored that the game was scheduled to be a launch title for PlayStation 5, however, it’s also been speculated that the game could’ve been delayed due to COVID-19. Polyphony Digital has not officially revealed the launch date of the next-gen game, and it’s possible that the game’s development has been staggered as Gran Turismo projects often rely on developers taking capturing cameras to several circuits around the world and testing cars to capture the engine’s sounds.
The latest information about Gran Turismo 7 comes from the game’s official Facebook page, a teaser trailer affirms that the game is “coming soon”.
Is important to mention that GT1, Gt2, Gt4, and GT6 all released in December in their respective years, it’s possible that Sony Interactive Entertainment and Polyphony Digital initially scheduled the launch in 2020, shortly after the launch of the PlayStation 5.
Official information from Sony confirms that Gran Turismo 7 will bring players “the best features” in order to deliver the perfect racing experience:
- Stunning visuals: Marvel at rendering quality through ray tracing, with support for 4K, HDR, and a targeted 60 FPS frame rate.*
- Fast loading: Go to race events quickly, gather in lobbies, and receive friend invites extremely quickly with an ultra-high-speed SSD. Select from a huge variety of cars with no load times.
- Adaptive triggers: Feel the contrast in brake pedal weight at different sensitivity ranges, the vibrations from the ABS, and variation in throttle pedal weight on different types of cars.
- Haptic feedback: Experience the feeling of tire contact with the road, and subtle bumps on the road surface.
- Tempest 3D AudioTech on compatible headphones: Sense the position of other cars and drivers around you through sound. Hear clear 3D Audio positioning and spatial expression of depth and height in replays.