Square Enix revealed new details for Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers Patch 5.5 alongside a new trailer during today’s Letter from the Producer Live broadcast.
Patch 5.5 is officially called “Death Unto Dawn,” the update will be split in two parts and will sets the stage for the upcoming Endwalker expansion. Part one is scheduled for release on April 13 adding a new story, battle content system updates. Part One will also introduce the highly-anticipated third chapter of YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse—the NieR-inspired alliance raid featuring the work of guest creators Yosuke Saito and Yoko Taro.
Check the Death Unto Dawn trailer down below:
Here is everything confirmed on today’s Letter from the Producers:
- New Main Scenario Quests – Prospects of peace may soon fall to ruin, as Fandaniel and the Telophoroi scheme to recreate the Final Days, and ominous towers rise in all corners of the realm. With the servants of chaos amassing at every turn, will the Scions uncover their plot before it is too late?
- New Alliance Raid: The Tower at Paradigm’s Breach – The third chapter of the NieR-inspired YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid series.
- “Sorrow of Werlyt” Questline Finale – With adamantine armor and a beating, blood red core, the Diamond Weapon is the culmination of countless sacrifices and untold suffering. When the ultimate triumph of the VIIth Legion’s monstrous Weapon project descends upon Werlyt, who will be saved, and who shall fall?
- New Trial: The Cloud Deck – Players can face off against the fearsome Diamond Weapon in this latest trial, which will be available in both Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New Dungeon: Paglth’an – Players can tackle this new story dungeon alongside fellow adventurers or a party of non-player characters via Trust System compatibility.
- “Save the Queen” Questline Update – This latest update includes a new field area, “Zadnor,” an increased resistance rank cap, the final stage of enhancement for resistance weapons and more.
- New Unreal Trial – The next powered-up primal, Leviathan, has returned from A Realm Reborn to terrorize level 80 heroes, providing them with a hefty challenge and chances at unique rewards.
- Crafter Updates – High-level crafters can look forward to new content in Patch 5.5 that will earn them special achievements and unique crafting tools.
- Ishgard Restoration Update – As a new age dawns in Ishgard, luminaries from across Eorzea have been invited to the Firmament to take part in a ceremony commemorating this momentous occasion. Players can obtain rewards by participating in gatherer- and crafter-focused events which will occur during these periodic celebrations.
- “Explorer Mode” Update – The Explorer Mode feature will be expanded to include level 70 dungeons. Explorer Mode allows players to explore dungeons free from danger to capture striking and fun screenshots while enabling the use of mounts and minions. Players will also now be able to use performance actions while in dungeons, such as playing musical instruments.
- Performance Action Updates – A new instrument will be added with Patch 5.55.
- Job Adjustments for PvE and PvP Actions, New Custom Deliveries, New Mounts and more.
Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida also shared a new milestone in the growth of the Final Fantasy XIV Online community, which has now reached 22 million registered players.