During the recent Final Fantasy XIV announcement showcase, Square Enix revealed Endwalker, the 4th expansion to the acclaimed MMORPG.
Along with the Endwalker expansion, Square Enix also announced the PlayStation 5 version of the MMORPG, the game will support 4K resolution, faster loading times, and higher framerates.
Square Enix will be hosting an open beta for the PS5 version on April 13. Players who have a license for the PlayStation 4 version of the game will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 5 version at the start of the beta.
Final Fantasy XIV: Endwalker will take the Warrior of Light to Thavnair, the imperial capital of Garlemald, and even a trip to the Moon. A new Sage healer job was confirmed, as well as a new Arkasodara tribe, Pandæmonium raid, Anima boss, and much more.
Check the teaser trailer here:
The new expansion will bring an abundance of new features, including multiple new jobs, an increased level cap, vast new areas, updates to the battle system, a variety of new challenges to overcome, as well as crafter and gatherer content. At the showcase, details on much of the new content and features were announced for Endwalker:
- Journey to Thavnair, the imperial capital of Garlemald, and even the Moon!
- New Jobs: Sage and more – A first look at the Sage in action can be seen here
- Level Cap Increase from 80 to 90
- Expansive new areas, including Garlemald, Thavnair, and the city of Radz-at-Han.
- A New Tribe: the Arkasodara
- New threats, including Anima.
- New Dungeons
- New High-Difficulty Raid: Pandæmonium
- Secrets Revealed in a New Alliance Raid Series
- New Small-scale PvP Mode
- An Additional “Trust” System ally: Estinien Wyrmblood
- A New Residential District: Ishgard
- Updates to the Gold Saucer
- Relaxing Fun in Island Sanctuary
- New Gear and Crafting Recipes
- Expanded Horizons via the Data Center Travel System