During the latest Letter from the Producer Live broadcast, Square Enix revealed the latest details for Final Fantasy XIV Online Patch 5.4. Officially called “Futures Rewritten,” the new update is scheduled for release in early December 2020 and brings new content to the critically acclaimed Shadowbringers expansion.
Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida announced plans to support the PS4 console version of Final Fantasy XIV on the PS5, the new version will use the display settings of the PS4 Pro but will take the best from the PS5 hardware ensuring quicker loading times.
Here is what players can expect from Futures Rewritten:
- New Main Scenario Quests – Following the grand conclusion of the Shadowbringers story in Patch 5.3, players will set out on a new adventure.
- New Raid Dungeon: Eden’s Promise – The third chapter in the 8-player Eden raid series brings new challenging battles available as both normal and savage difficulties.
- Chronicles of a New Era – The Sorrow of Werlyt Updates – The next chapter in “The Sorrow of Werlyt” questline will introduce Emerald Weapon.
- New Trial: Emerald Weapon – Players can challenge Emerald Weapon in both normal and extreme difficulties.
- New Dungeon: Matoya’s Relict – Players can tackle this new challenge alongside fellow adventurers, or a party of non-player characters, using the Trust system.
- New Unreal Trial – The next powered-up version of an existing primal will be unleashed upon level 80 heroes in Patch 5.4, providing a new challenge and a chance at unique prizes.
- Blue Mage Update – The limited job will receive several new updates, including an increased level cap, new blue magic to learn from enemies, new job-specific equipment, and additions to the Blue Mage Log.
- New “Explorer Mode” – This new gameplay mode will allow players to traverse Shadowbringers dungeons without the danger of enemies to take screenshots. Players can also summon both mounts and minions within dungeons using this mode to further enhance their screenshots.