The upcoming F1 2021 is set to have a new two-player career mode according to a leak ahead of the official announcement from Codemasters.
The leaked information appeared on the Microsoft Store revealing all the key features of the game, players can expect the addition of two new modes, an additional story mode campaign, and an extended campaign that could follow the real-life F1 campaign.
Disclaimer – This information has not been verified, therefore this is not factual.
- Braking Point – The thrilling new story experience.
- New ways to play: two-players Career Mode and ‘Real-Season Start’.
- My Team Mode – create a driver, choose a sponsor, an engine supplier, hire a teammate and compete as the 11th team on the grid.
- Expanded Driver Stats: now including ‘Focus’ and new team-critical Department Events to address.
- Split-Screen Racing: Up to two players supported.
- Casual race options for more relaxed racing whilst new Expert options give experienced players even more control.
- Acclaimed ten-year Career Mode, including updated Research and Development and Practice Programmes, and new Quick Practice.
- Formula 2, the ultimate training ground for F1, is also included, with short, medium, or full season options and 2020 and 2021 season content.
- Esports – in-game area for the online qualification events, latest news and even watch the new F1 Esports Challenger and Pro Series races.
- Compete online in Multiplayer: Social and Ranked races, new Quick Join format, Leagues, customizable liveries, and Weekly Events.
F1 2021 is being developed by Codemasters, a British studio recently acquired by Electronic Arts. The game is expected to be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and next-gen consoles via backward compatibility.
In recent news, Codemasters announced an extension of its contract with Formula One Management for exclusive video game rights for the FIA Formula One World Championship (F1) franchise from 2021 until 2025, with a further option for the 2026 and 2027 seasons, subject to Codemasters achieving certain performance thresholds.
Source: Aggiornamenti Lumia