Nintendo hosted this evening a very first big Nintendo Direct event of 2021, the Japanese tech giant announced several games to be coming for Nintendo Switch in 2021 and revealed new games from first-party developers.
The 50 minute-long event was packed with information about upcoming games and updates for Nintendo Switch players. Let’s go through every announcement made during the first Nintendo Direct of the year.
Check the whole Nintendo Direct event down below:
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate new DLC announced: Pyra a character from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 in March 2021.
- Fall Guys: The Ultimate Knockdown coming to Switch in Summer 2021: featuring support of up to 60 players, the critically acclaimed party game is finally coming to Switch.
- Outer Wilds launching in 2021: Winner of Best Game at the 2020 BAFTA Games Awards the game is an open-world mystery about a solar system trapped in an endless time loop.
- Famicom Detective Club: The Missing Heir & Famicom Detective Club: The Girl Who Stands Behind releasing on May 14: Discover a piece of Nintendo history with the Famicom Detective Club series of games.
- Samurai Warriors 5 coming to Switch this summer: Choose from several new and returning characters while utilizing new abilities to take on evolving enemy forces.
- Legend of Mana HD Remaster coming on June 24: After two decades, Legend of Mana is back with a full HD remaster. The classic RPG will feature rearranged music, new minigames, and much more.
- Special edition of Nintendo Switch – Monster Hunter Rise revealed: The game is coming with a deluxe edition and will be available on March 25.
- Mario Golf Super Rush unveiled: Finally fans of the franchise can return to the greens when the game launches on June 25.
- Tales from Borderlands releasing on March 23: Set between the events of Borderlands 2 and Borderlands 3, Tales from the Borderlands follows two unreliable narrators on a quest borne of greed but destined for greatness.
- Capcom Arcade Stadium is now available on the eShop: Capcom Arcade Stadium brings back all the nostalgia of the arcade while adding in new and exciting features.
- Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse is now available for pre-order: Show the living that law and order are no match for a dead man on a mission when the game launches on March 16.
- No More Heroes 3 releasing on August 27: The legendary assassin Travis Touchdown makes his glorious return to the Madness!
- First-person, action-platformer Neon White scheduled for winter 2021: Neon White is a lightning-fast first-person action game about exterminating demons in Heaven.
- DC Super Hero Girls shows us the teen power on June 4: Join the fight as Wonder Woman, Supergirl, and Batgirl from the animated series DC Super Hero Girls, and save Metropolis from some of DC’s most notorious Super-Villains!
- Plants vs Zombies: Battle for the Neighborville – Complete Edition arrives on March 19: Take your system anywhere, and prepare to kick some grass offline and online in a plant-on-zombie conflict that will take you to the outer edges of Neighborville and back again!
- Miitopia for Nintendo Switch unveiled – available on May 21: Originally released for 3DS, the new game lets players create and customize Mii characters and assign them roles and personality traits in the fantasy adventure of a lifetime.
- Super Mario Items coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons: Coming as a free update on February 25, all the items will be available on March 1.
- Project TRIANGLE STRATEGY announced for 2022: Announced with a debut demo, the tactical RPG sets players on a mission to command a group of warriors as Serenoa, heir to the Kingdom of Glenbrook in a tangled plot where a decision makes all the difference.
- Star Wars Hunter coming in 2021: Players will join squads of all-new and authentic characters, in an action game that immerses players in a fast-paced and visually stunning Star Wars galaxy.
- Knockout City announced for May 2021: Team up and duke it out with rival Crews in Knockout City, where you settle the score with Epic Dodgeball Battles.
- World’s End Club coming on May 28: This charming and vivid story of friendship and mystery will captivate new and experienced players alike.
- Hades Physical Version coming on March 19: The Game Awards’ Best Action game and Best indie will get a limited edition physical version.
- Ninja Gaiden Sigma Master Collection launches on June 10: Enjoy 3 games from the Ninja Gaiden series in this single collection.
- Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity Expansion Pass Pre-Orders Available Now: Learn more about Zelda, the four Champions, the King of Hyrule, and more through dramatic cutscenes as they try to save the kingdom from Calamity.
- Bravely Default II’s new trailer teases the game before launch: Coming next week, Bravely Default II is one of the most exciting game releases for Nintendo in the first half of 2021.
- Ghost and Goblins Resurrection launches on February 25: Watch as this nostalgic yet completely reimagined storybook world unravels before your very eyes.
- SaGa Frontier Remaster releasing on April 15: The beloved 1998 RPG Classic, SaGa Frontier, is reborn with improved graphics, additional features, and a new main character!
- Apex Legend coming to Switch on April 9: The Battle Royale shooter where legendary characters with powerful abilities team up to battle for fame and fortune on the fringes of the Frontier.
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward HD oars onto Nintendo Switch on July 16: Take to the skies, draw your sword, and experience the earliest story in the Legend of Zelda series. Join Link in his high-flying quest to save Zelda, a childhood friend who must confront her destiny.
- Splatoon 3 unveiled, coming in 2022: Enter the Splatlands, a sun-scorched desert inhabited by battle-hardened Inklings and Octolings. Splatsville, the city of chaos, is the adrenaline-fueled heart of this dusty wasteland.
Interestingly, on today’s Nintendo Direct, the Japanese tech giant did not reveal a piece of single news about Pokémon, it’s expected that a Direct Mini: Pokémon event will be aired in the following months to reveal the latest on future games and updates on the franchise.