Watch Dogs: Legion development team announced today that the online mode has been delayed on PC due to a game-breaking bug on some GPUs.
Here is the official announcement from the development team:
We’re excited to see new recruits in London when we launch the online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion on March 9, before we launch, we want to make you aware of a few things that have just come to our attention:
- We’ve identified an issue in the PC version that can cause the game to crash for players with a certain GPUs. The team is working on fixing the issue as quickly as possible, and in the meantime, we’ve made the decision to wait to launch the PC version until this is fixed. We will communicate the new launch date as soon as possible
- We have also identified an issue that can cause the game to crash during the tactical op, therefore we have made the decision to launch it on Xbox, PlayStation, and Stadia on March 23.
- PlayStation 4/5 will have limited in-game text chat at launch, and we are working on a fix for this, which will be coming on March 23 as well.
In response to a Twitter user, Ubisoft confirmed that other platforms’ online modes will release as originally scheduled by the development team, however, Tactical Ops mission, is also delayed until March 23, but all the other missions will be playable.
The online mode of Watch Dogs: Legion will include the following features for all players as part of the 9 March free update:
- Free-roam open-world co-op where players can team up with their friends for up to four-players and explore London, encounter city events, complete challenges and participate in side activities.
- New co-op missions for two-to-four players using new co-op gameplay mechanics and giving players the opportunity to recruit the perfect team and fight back against London threats across the most iconic landmarks of the city.
- “Leader of the Pack,” the first four-player co-op Tactical Op which will require teamwork and efficiency. It’s made of five interconnected narrative missions which are endgame content, made for players who are seeking a challenge. Players will need to strategize and communicate effectively with their teammates and ensure they have upgraded gadgets and recruited a strong cast of characters.
- The first available Player-vs-Player (PvP) mode, Spiderbot Arena, where four players control armed spider bots and compete in a high-intensity free-for-all deathmatch.