Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut for Switch Launches in August
From the producer of the original Fallout comes Wasteland 2, the sequel to the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG. inXile Entertainment, the studio led by Interplay founder Brian Fargo, has partnered with Nintendo to release a Switch announcement trailer for Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut, the critically praised game that won numerous accolades, including Game of the Year. It is expected to arrive on the Nintendo Switch this August.
About Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut
Wasteland 2: Director’s Cut is an enhanced version of the original release that features numerous improvements and additions that further immerse the player in this epic adventure across a post-nuclear American Southwest.
• One Size Does Not Fit All: Don’t feel like finding the key for a door? Feel free to pick the lock, bash it down with your boot, or just blow it open!
• Decision Making… with Consequences: With both short and long term reactivity, player choices ripple outwards, changing the game’s events and forever altering the lives of those in the wasteland.
• Huge & Customizable: Hundreds of characters. Thousands of variations on the Rangers’ appearances. Over 150 weapons. No two players will have the same experience.
New Director’s Cut Features
• Perks & Quirks: Players can customize their squads even more! Perks & Quirks are special personality traits players can use to give their characters even more life, with their own unique bonuses… and drawbacks.
• Precision Strikes: Fire on enemies and debilitate them with tactical attacks! Cripple a leg to slow an enemy down, fire on their gun to blast it to bits, or aim for the head to knock them senseless – or blow it clean off.
• Expanded Voice Over: Over 8,000 lines of new voice-over dialog have been added for the game’s characters and companions, bringing the wasteland to life like never before.
With over 80 hours of gameplay, players will deck out their Desert Ranger squad with the most devastating weaponry this side of the fallout zone, test the limits of their strategy skills, and bring justice to the wasteland.
Check out the Trailer:
Wasteland 2 was a Kickstarter success story. It appeared on the crowdfunding site in 2012, earning $2,933,252 from 61,290 backers. Its first iteration appeared in 2014 on PCs, with the Director’s Cut appearing a year later. The improved version looked better, added new perks and quirks, had a Precision Strike system that let you target specific parts of an enemy’s body to disable them or pierce defenses, changed the user interface and had over 8,000 lines of dialogue recorded.
More info at – Source
Check out our latest news – Here!