The update centers around the new four-player co-op battleship experience and is free to all Warframe players. “Blasting across stunning new space environments, ‘Empyrean’ sends Warframe players into a space combat odyssey where clans will crash into hostile Grineer forces in fast-paced, cooperative, real-time spaceship battles.”
In the Warframe ‘Empyrean’ Update, emphasis is placed on cooperation and communication. “Whether it’s blasting hordes of opponent Fighters and Crewships, or shooting like a bullet from the Archwing Cannon into enemy vessels to commandeer or destroy them, players will wield new upgradeable offensive firepower.”
Players will have to dedicate some time to administering repairs to their battleship (Railjack) during combat to ensure the team’s survival, as well as acquire resources to continue dishing out damage. Other highlights for the ‘Empyrean’ Update include:
- “Welcome to the Railjack: Empyrean puts players at the helm of the Sigma Series Railjack battleship. This ultra powerful ship is upgradeable, customizable, and the centerpiece for all future Empyrean space missions.
- Get the Team Together: This phase of Empyrean is designed and optimized as a cooperative experience. Solo players will still be able to enjoy Empyrean, but the difficulty and progression is balanced around full crews. The year 2020 will bring enhanced solo capabilities and more surprises!
- Free Flight: Try out the Railjack in Free Flight Mode. Learn the basics without engaging in battle and then join a squad when you’re ready.
- Railjack Powers: The Railjack itself provides incredibly diverse options to counter Grineer assailants. With constantly updated technology like Cloaking Fields and Void Holes to be earned, and special moves like “Juke” to out-maneuver enemies, players will earn powerful moves as they progress.
- Warframe Powers: Aboard the Railjack in combat, players also have a wealth of fantasy-fulfilling options at hand. They can jettison into battle using Archwings to infiltrate enemy ships or shoot from “Archwing cannons” to annihilate smaller ships. Using the Tactics map, Tenno can tap into on-board Warframe Abilities and cast them where needed. They direct their teammates to attend crises, welding hull holes or confronting a boarding party, and they can teleport from location to location, whether it’s on board the Raijack or an enemy vessel.”
Moreover, the update implements new upgradeable systems, from cosmetic items to practical devices. Those systems include Intrinsics, Avionics, Components, and Armaments.
Gaming Instincts is dedicated to bringing its readers all the latest and greatest news, reviews, guides, and updates for all their favorite titles and more. Be sure to follow Gaming Instincts on Facebook and Twitter for more gaming news!