THQ Nordic has established a new studio in Bratislava, Slovakia, named Nine Rock Games, the developers will be working on a new survival-shooter game. The CEO David Durcak is leading the team, he has worked previously on DayZ.
The developers promise more information about the upcoming game in the following months.
“We are very much looking forward to setting up shop in our office, gradually optimizing our teamsize, and getting to work on our project”, comments David Durcak, CEO of Nine Rocks Games. “With THQ Nordic as a partner, our roster of talent found perfect conditions to collaborate on our first joint project.”
“We welcome the newest addition to the THQ Nordic network of studios: Nine Rocks Games,” said Klemens Kreuzer CEO of THQ Nordic. “I personally think it is always a great sign in business, when everything just seems to fall into place. The right people at the right time having the right mindset and a meaningful conversation… We are very happy to welcome the Slovak team onboard and are excited about our first project with Nine Rocks Games.”
Founded in 2011, THQ Nordic is a global video game publisher and developer. Based in Vienna (Austria), and with subsidiaries in Germany, Sweden, Finland, and the USA, THQ Nordic brands include Darksiders, MX vs. ATV, Red Faction, Titan Quest, Biomutant, Wreckfest, Gothic, ELEX and many more.
THQ Nordic is meant to represent a core approach of doing much more than “owning” a highly competitive portfolio of IPs. It revolves around cherishing them, and aligning them with the very best development resources to expand upon them with the level of experience that communities and established fan bases expect and deserve.
The company’s internal development studios are (in chronological order, from earliest to most recent):
- Grimlore Games GmbH based in Munich (Germany)
- Rainbow Studios Inc. based in Phoenix, Arizona (United States of America)
- Mirage Game Studios AB based in Karlstad (Sweden)
- Black Forest Games GmbH based in Offenburg (Germany)
- Pieces Interactive AB based in Skoevde (Sweden)
- Experiment 101 AB based in Stockholm (Sweden)
- Bugbear Entertainment based in Helsinki (Finland)
- Piranha Bytes based in Essen (Germany)
- Gunfire Games based in Austin, TX (United States of America)