Tales of Vesperia Remaster Limited Editions Announced
Bandai Namco Entertainment announced during Microsoft’s E3 2018 press conference on Sunday that it is releasing Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition, a remastered version of its Tales of Vesperia role-playing game, on the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, and PC via Steam this winter.
Here is an overview via Bandai Namco:
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition includes upscaled screen resolution, new characters, events, and additional content never released outside of Japan. This updated version of the RPG classic will be released this winter.
Follow Yuri Lowell, a resident in the Lower Quarter of Zaphias and former Imperial Knight, as he accepts a mission to retrieve a stolen Blastia Core used to regulate his neighborhood’s water supply. This simple mission spins into a series of events that finds Yuri befriending a colorful cast of characters, traveling to exotic locations, and being pushed into the middle of a nefarious plot that threatens the destruction of the entire planet.
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition features two new fully playable party members for North America; Patty Fleur, a young pirate searching for her lost memories, as well as Yuri’s rival and best friend, Flynn Scifo. Along with these two new playable characters, Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition will include additional scenarios, locations, and costumes that will be all-new for Western players.
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition uses a specialized version of the Tales of series’ Linear Motion Battle System for combat. Players control a single party member in real-time combat while the other three party members are controlled by a customized set of A.I. commands. Players can swap between the four characters at any time during battles and can perform both physical and Mystic Artes attacks.
Here is what you get for the Limited Edition:
- A Beloved Tale Returns — The tale of a young hero on a quest for justice that captivated Tales fans returns to Xbox and makes its way for the first time to PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Steam!
- Everything in One Edition! — Dive into the definitive version of this game with updated full HD graphics, brand-new music tracks, exciting mini-games, bosses, and a collection of unreleased costume DLC!
- The Party Grows Stronger! — Yuri sets sail on his adventure with Estelle, a young noblewoman; Karol; a boy in pursuit of a guild to call his own; Rita, an eccentric scholar; Raven, a laid-back archer; Judith, a mysterious dragoon; and Repede, a pipe-smoking dog… and now two more playable characters join the fray!
- Patty Fleur, a cheerful and tough young pirate girl in search of treasure, adventure… and her forgotten memories.
- Flynn Scifo, Yuri’s best friend and an Imperial Knight, now joins the rest on their journey!
- Fight with Flair! — Assemble your favorite team and enjoy exciting real-time battles with all new Mystic Artes and skills!
Check out the Trailer:
The game will include both English and Japanese voice-overs, as well as content from the Japanese PlayStation 3 release available for the first time in English, such as Patty Fleur and Flynn Schifo as party members. It will also include new scenarios, locations, and costumes.
Bandai Namco Entertainment previously registered the “tov10th.tales-ch.jp” domain.
The original Tales of Vesperia role-playing game shipped for Xbox 360 in 2008, and it then received a PlayStation 3 release in Japan in 2009. The PS3 version added full voice acting, the new character Patty Fleur, and the character Flynn Schifo as a party member, as well as additional dungeons, bosses, and Gigant monsters.
Full Article – Animenewsnetwork
Check out our latest news – Here!