Nintendo has just released a new firmware update for the Nintendo Switch, users will now be able to move game data to and from an SD card. The new update also allows users to remap buttons in the system and also features new Animal Crossing themed icons.
Nintendo constantly aims to improve the functionality of its systems and services in order to provide the easiest, most user-friendly experience possible. As a part of these efforts, we are making Nintendo Switch system updates available for download via the Internet.
Is important to mention that, this update won’t allow Animal Crossing: New Horizons players to change islands. Players will only be able to transfer game data, this includes updates, and DLC to the internal storage to SD cards or vice versa. Apparently, is Nintendo’s intention to allow more freedom in the memory management of the system. Nintendo warns players that there might be limitations to what it can be transferred, perhaps referring to the island limitation in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Users can now transfer downloadable software, update data, and DLC from the system memory to an SD card (and vice versa)…Note that save data and some update data cannot be transferred to an SD car
Nintendo Switch Version 10.0.0 also brings a new bookmark feature to the News section of the console, this allows users to bookmark up to 300 news items. An internet connection is still required to view the bookmarked content, this means that, after the content is no longer available it won’t be able to be reproduced, even if they were bookmarked.
As mentioned above, Switch owners will now be able to to remap the controller buttons.
- Analog stick and button configurations can now be changed for each paired controller.
- Custom configurations can be saved as favorites in System Settings > Controllers and Sensors.
- Custom configurations are stored on the Nintendo Switch system.
- Configurations can be customized for the following controllers: Joy-Con (L), Joy-Con (R), Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Button configurations can also be customized on the Nintendo Switch Lite system.
- This feature is not available for other controllers.
- On each system, up to five favorite custom configurations can be saved for Joy-Con (L), five for Joy-Con (R), five for Nintendo Switch Pro Controller. Five configurations can also be saved as favorites for Nintendo Switch Lite.