Star Citizen has been the most successful project in Kickstarter so far, but it might be the biggest game with the longest development process to start a new era in gaming industry and video games. Everything in Star Citizen has some revolutionary elements in it, from its huge world and unbelievable scales, to its level of details, graphics, gameplay mechanics and other technologies that has been created during the development process so far. Star Citizen follows a well-designed roadmap through its development path and if you take a look at this planned schedule, now its time for all the backers to receive Alpha 3.5.
Star Citizen Alpha 3.5 adds new things in all aspects of the game. First of all, the game is now featuring DNA face customization system, so that you will be able to select from a set of characters and customize them as you wish. The game is also allows you to pick female character in Alpha 3.5 as the other new feature in latest version of the game. In case of locations, Star Citizen now contains Planet ArcCorp along with its moons Lyria and Wala. Also, Area18 is a new major Landing Zone that comes to the game.
Gameplay of the game receives new mission giver, along with some sort of new missions and two new guns. Addition of new ships and vehicles is another part of Alpha 3.5 update. Here you can read full patch note:
- Added DNA face customization system.Character selection and creation now uses a DNA face customization system. Initially you will be able to choose a gender, then select from a set of currently available characters and customize the blend of their facial features that will be represented in your own character. System includes “Simple” and “Advanced” modes that allows you to customize your face with preferred level of complexity. Additionally, “Eidonomy” selection provides the ability to select individual traits such as eye and hair color, skin tone etc.
- Added playable female characters.
- Adding “headphones” setting in audio menu.
- Planetary Locations: Planet ArcCorp and its moons Lyria and Wala.Unlike the other planets in the Stanton system, the ArcCorp has the distinction of being almost entirely developed and built on. Nearly every square kilometer of the planet has been allocated for habitation, commercial use, industrial plants, and massive warehouses. As such, a strict, low level no-fly zone is in place for protection, though many choose to construct their buildings taller than the zone in order to offer landing opportunities. ArcCorp has two moons: Lyria, an icy moon dotted with cryogeysers and cryovolcanoes and Wala, a low density moon notable for its large crystalline outcroppings.
- Major Landing Zone: Area18.Area18 happens to be one of the few landing zones designated by ArcCorp for interplanetary traffic and is one of the main commercial ports for the surrounding region. If travelers manage not to be overwhelmed by the hectic sights and sounds of this landing zone, they can find a variety of goods from trusted names as well as unique local providers. ArcCorp has contracted with the PMC group “BlacJac Security” to ensure that their world and its surrounding environs are kept safe and open for business.
- Added new mission giver: Tecia “Twitch” Pacheco.Twitch came up as a soldier who transitioned into freelance security work after her service ended. Things seemed to be working out until she suffered nerve damage on a job for BlacJac Securities and they unceremoniously cut her loose. Now, left without employment and with a very specialized skill-set that she couldn’t use, she turned to the criminal element that she used to hunt. These days, she lurks around the back alleys of the megacity Area18, making deals and introducing people or as she calls it “enjoying her retirement.”
- Added Hurston Security ship variants for areas in and around Hurston.
- IFCS will now engage autopilot and attempt to turn your ship out and away when intersecting with a no-fly zone.
- Players can now set quantum travel way-points on members of their party.
- Added environmental missions where AI can police unlawful players and track/call in additional support when doing so. The level and ship of the opposing force will depend on the player’s wanted level.
- Added combat assistance service beacon mission types for AI.
- Added a patrol mission to Delamar.
- Added destroy satellite missions into Hurston area.
- Added additional delivery mission variants.
Ships and Vehicles
- Added: MISC Reliant variants Tana, Sen, and Mako.
- Added Anvil F7C-M Super Hornet Heartseeker.
- Added automated gimbalsAutomated gimbals are an additional setting for gimbals that allow them to attempt and automatically track targets within a cone in front of the ship. The cone is designated by a dashed circle, which is separated into two when the gimbals do not have a lock on the target and closes into a single circle when they develop a lock. This mode can be cycled to via the “R” key
- Added Tachyon “Singe” cannons.
- Added new turret UI and sensitivity controlsTurrets now have a UI overlay that shows their position relative to their parent ship (in degrees), the current sensitivity (slider bar), and with the current fire mode. Additionally, there are now interaction nodes for increasing and decreasing turret sensitivity directly from the turret seat.
- Added voice feedback for events while mining.
- Items and components now wear at a very slow rate.
- Items and components can now be repaired.
- Added ship weapon auto-convergence
Fixed and gimbal weapons now auto-converge disparate weapon velocities and ranges into a single pip based on the slowest and shortest range weapon you have equipped. Additionally, gimbal and fixed weapons have a very small amount of target convergence (still being tuned).
- Added: Gemini S71 assault rifleA well balanced and designed Assault Rifle, favored by wealthier private military professionals who want to make a display.
- Added: Kastak Arms Coda pistolA no frills, raw, heavy ballistic pistol that packs a heavy punch if it connects. What it lacks in fire rate and magazine size, it more than makes up for in range and power.
- FPS weapons now have dry fire audio when out of ammunition.
- Added color variants to many armors and undersuits.
- Added UI icons for additional kinds of contacts.
Major Known Issues:
- When exiting the options menu on the character customizer screen, the options will remain up disabling the players’ control. W/A: Avoid using the options menu during character customization.
- If the player exits the game with the mobiGlas still open they will return to the universe with a blurry screen. W/A: Close mobiGlas before exiting.
- Delivery boxes can fall through the flooring of some ships.
- Ships do not leave behind cargo when destroyed.
- Ruto’s hologram is missing.
- Ruto’s entry mission will sometimes fail to complete.
- Some Area18 labs lack atmospheric pressure.
- Ships can exceed their speed limits by turning slightly while accelerating.
- Weapon projectiles/tracers occasionally diverge significantly from the player’s point of aim.
- Dying with chat open may cause the player to be unable to respawn correctly. W/A: Relaunch client.
- Trying on clothing at Casaba can sometimes result in the loss of armor pieces.
- Ship bed logout may be unreliable or inconsistent.
- Stowed items can sometimes appear attached to the players’ legs.
- Switching to external camera from the pilot seat and back when reset the HUD and chat.