Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse Coming to the Americas this Summer
Atlus has announced that Shin Megami Tensei IV Final, released in Japan on February 10, 2016, will be localized as Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse for the Nintendo 3DS in North America, in summer 2016.
The upcoming game focuses a Hunter cadet protagonist who gets killed by one of the demons treating post-apocalyptic Tokyo as their personal playground. However, the mysterious god Dagda resurrects the protagonists in exchange for his fealty, and sets him on a perilous path that treads the fine line between peace and anarchy. Is Dagda simply just an opportunistic lesser god or is part of something much bigger?
The plot of Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse overlaps with Shin Megami Tensei IV (and features some familiar characters), but no previous experience with the original is required!
Shin Megami Tensei IV: Apocalypse will be released at retail stores and on the eShop, and it will cost $49.99 US / $64.99 CA.
Check out the Trailer:
“The title, which is an expansion on the final arc of the original IV, comes with the following new features:
- Divine Intrigue – Choose between peace or anarchy while being a pawn in the gods’ chess game.
- Combat Partners – Alongside the standard three demons, players will be able to rely on one of seven partners to help win battles.
- Oodles of Demons – There will be over 450 demons to fight, fuse, or recruit. A series record.
- Revamped Demon Fusion – Demons will have affinities for certain skills, so players can better plan the outcome of fusions.
- Classic SMT Combat – Prospective Hunters will exploit weaknesses, boost attributes, and unlock skill bonuses with the returning Press Turn and Smirking systems.”
More info at – Source