Human Head Studios has finally released the sequel to 2000’s RUNE on the Epic Games Store after several delays and name changes.
At a retail price of USD$29.99, RUNE II is a spiritual successor to the original game and offers players a choice of playing either solo or with a group of friends. “Battle gruesome undead Draugr, vicious beasts, and ferocious giants in brutal melee combat.” A highly anticipated sequel to RUNE, RUNE II pits players against the forces of Loki in an effort to defend Midgard and stop Ragnarok. The game’s key features include:
- “Choose Your God: Kneeling atop the Divine Summit, the gods call to you. With promises of power, glory, and honor, each deity beckons you to join them. Which god will you choose to give you the power needed to take down Loki and put an end to Ragnarok? And can they themselves be trusted?
- Loki and the Ages of Darkness: It is fated that Loki will die when Ragnarok ends, but he has found a way to manipulate the flow of time and continuously resets the Ragnarok Timer, creating an infinite cycle of chaos. With every reset, a new era begins, each filled with different obstacles: perpetual night, giant-filled lands, harsh ice-ridden landscapes, and more. You’ll need to traverse many ages before amassing the power needed to defeat Loki.
- Single-Player and Multi-Player Modes: Brave the end of days alone or invite fellow warriors to join your journey through Ragnarok. Battle side-by-side against massive giants and vicious monsters and stand as one force to face Loki himself.
- Artifacts: Powerful artifacts can be found throughout the world, each with their own god-given power. They are the key to opening the Realm Gate where Loki hides, and can grant the power necessary to end him once and for all.
- Collect and Craft Powerful Equipment: Craft powerful armaments to survive the treachery of Ragnarok or take Flaming Greatswords and other magically-imbued weapons from the bodies of your slain enemies. Rebuild villages that once stood across Midgard or construct great longships and conquer far off lands.
- Brutal Chaos: Ragnarok has driven its inhabitants mad. Only the most savage warrior will survive as you Battle against Bandits, Cannibals, Giants, Dwarves, Surt Warriors, the Forsaken Einn Warriors, Draugr and more!”
Rune II had a rocky development process, and it’s likely that patches will need to be released (as is standard with any MMORPG) at semi-regular intervals.
Gaming Instincts is dedicated to bringing its readers all the latest and greatest news and updates for all of their favorite titles and more. Be sure to follow Gaming Instincts on Facebook and Twitter for more gaming news!