Rocket League Rumble Update Coming in September
At the conclusion of the Rocket League Championship Series today in Hollywood, Psyonix revealed the next new game mode, Rumble, which will be part of a larger September update.
Titled “Rocket League Rumble,” the new and Free game mode will let you compete in epic battle royales with random and hilarious power-ups. Similar to the other Multiplayer modes which previously came to the title, Rocket League Rumble will appear in Online Playlists and Private and Exhibition matches.
Here are all 11 powerups included in the mode:
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces your opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Allows you to hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and opposing cars into a giant funnel cloud)
Check out the Trailer:
“In other related news, cross-platform play between the PS4 and Xbox One is believed to become a reality soon enough, and the big question that remains is when rather than if at this point. This news is also coming in fairly hot on the heels of when cross-network support rolled out for the Xbox One and PC received.
On an interesting note, Blizzard recently launched Lucioball for Overwatch in honor of the 2016 Olympics, and it’s pretty much like Rocket League, where players are tasked with scoring points by getting a soccer ball through their opponents’ goal.”
More info at – Source