The leaker doesn’t provide any background on how he got the information, considering this, it would be wise to hear his claims as speculation from a fan.
- Ethan will be returning as a playable character.
- Resident Evil 8 was tested last year.
- It will not be called Resident Evil 8, but will have a “clever title”
- The game will be in First-person like RE7.
- Gameplay starts in a village leading up to a castle.
- The environment will be rural, snowy, and mountainous; possibly Europe.
- Regular zombies will be appearing instead of the Molded from RE7.
- There is a persistent shadowy “female” enemy that will follow you but will dissipate if shot.
- There are also wolf-like creatures that will attack the player in certain areas.
- Chris Redfield will also be returning in some capacity.
Last week, AestheticGamer’s revealed the following information on his Twitter account.
There was a version of RE8 that was in development since late 2016, though it went on pause during 2017 due to needing more hands on for RE7’s DLC and RE2 (which was behind schedule at the time). Still, there was an RE8 version that was in the works for a few years. However, it actually got officially scrapped and the project rebooted only like 6-7 months ago, so the “final” RE8 version hasn’t even been in development for a full year yet. Now these reboots often go faster because some assets and such are carried over, but don’t expect RE8 anytime soon. There also won’t be any Resident Evil remakes out in the next few years after RE3. There is a couple other Capcom games being rebooted in the same vein as RE2 & RE3 though in the RE Engine, which should be seen pretty soon. There is another Resident Evil game which will probably release next year, but it’s not a remake nor RE8. And that’s all I’m gonna’ say, now don’t bother me about RE for a while please.
AestheticGamer’s credibility is pretty high, the Twitter user has been known for leaking information from Capcom in a very accurate way.
Back in 2017 leaked information from Capcom, revealing that a Resident Evil 7 DLC was on its way, that turned to be true. Back in 2018 he also leaked that Resident Evil 3 Remake was in development. Shortly after in March 2019 he revealed that Resident Evil 3 Remake would release shortly after Resident Evil 2 Remake that also turned to be true. Considering all of this, AestheticGamer‘s has more credibility than today’s rumor.
Disclaimer – This information has not been verified, therefore this is not factual.