With the long anticipation getting over earlier next month, Rockstar has begun to share tons of information on Red Dead Redemption 2 PC version. After revealing the system requirements and file size of the game, now Rockstar shows-off the game’s incredible graphics on PC with a bunch of new screenshots and detailing the enhancements of the PC version in comparison to last year’s console editions.
While there will be no Ray-Tracing in Red Dead Redemption 2, Rockstar Games has decided to use the full powerhouse within your case to bring the most realistic experience you’ve ever had in a video game set in Wild West. The developer has mentioned several technical improvements in PC version, which you can read in full details down below:
- Increased draw distance
- High quality global illumination and ambient occlusion
- Enhanced snow trails and reflections
- Deep and high resolution shadows
- Tessellated tree textures
- Improved grass and fur textures
- HDR support
- 4K and above resolution support
- Multi-monitor support
With all these upcoming enhancements, Red Dead Redemption 2 is probably going to be the world’s highest quality game in graphics if it wouldn’t get beaten by Kojima’s Death Stranding on November 8th.
Aside from graphical improvements, there will be new content, missions and items for Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC which have been detailed below:
Bounty Hunter Missions:
- Herman Zizendorf has been stealing tools from tradesmen – track him down in Blackwater.
- Ex-Confederate Cavalry Officer Camille de Millemont is wanted dead or alive out by Catfish Jacksons, but his loyal men are never far behind.
- Bart Cavanaugh and his gang are camping out in Big Valley. Take Bart dead or alive without alerting his gang if you want to avoid a whole mess of trouble.
- Del Lobos gang at Gaptooth Breach and Solomon’s Folly
- Landmarks of Riches
- The Elemental Trail
- Hawk Talon – permanently decreases Stamina bar drain speed by 30% when drawing a bow
- Cat Eye – permanently increases the length of Fortifying tonic effects by 20%
- Shark Tooth – permanently increases horse bonding experience bonus by 10%
- Turtle Shell – permanently increases health bar refill speed by 10%
- Crow Beak – permanently increases looted ammo by 10%
- M1899 Pistol – all-new Semi-automatic handgun with clip loaded ammunition
- Evans Repeater – high capacity repeater (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- High Roller Revolver – ornate double-action revolver (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Le Mat Revolver – powerful revolver with the ability to shoot shotgun shells (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Warped Brindle Arabian – a fast and agile mount
- Few Spot Appaloosa – beautiful and hardy, ideal for cross-country journeys
- Perlino Andalusian – a healthy, sturdy animal, ideal for hunting (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Red Chestnut Arabian – a fleet-footed beast with a distinctive coat (previously available in Red Dead Online only)
- Plus 3 new wild horse variations – keep an eye out for wild herds featuring the Buttermilk Buckskin Kentucky Saddler, Liver Chestnut Morgan and Gold Palomino Tennessee Walker
Finally, take a look the games screenshot down below, which gives you an idea of the game will look on your PC at its highest preset.
Red Dead Redemption 2 comes to PC on November 5th through Rockstar Games Launcher and Epic Games Store. Steam version arrives a month later.