Raiden V: Director’s Cut is coming to Playstation 4 in Europe
PQube is excited to announce that the latest instalment in the legendary shoot ’em up series, Raiden V: Director’s Cut, debuts on PlayStation 4 in Europe on October 6, 2017!
The Raiden series is one of the original trailblazers in the arcade shoot ’em up genre, with a rich 27-year history of high intensity bullet-dodging action.
Featuring a fully narrated campaign, Raiden V takes players to the skies of real-life locations like New York, Paris and London for the first time in series history. After the most powerful weapons on the planet are taken over by alien Cranassians, the Raiden supersonic attack fighter squad is scrambled to counter the alien threat and save earth from complete devastation.
Don your flight suit and strap in for the ultimate shoot ‘em up experience with Raiden V: Director’s Cut!
- Updated HD Graphics – Full 1080p support brings every explosion, missile attack, and overpowering boss encounter to life like never before!
- Tri-View HUD – Stay on top of the action as real-time score tracking and command center information continuously update you on the situation during gameplay!
- Cheer Attack – Build up your Cheer meter through cheering fellow players and destroy your enemies with a massive missile barrage!
- Fully Narrated Storyline – Take to the skies of real-life locations for the first time in a thrilling campaign to end the threat of the alien invaders!
- New Ships – 3 Unique Ships with vastly different abilities and weapons are at your disposal!
- Health Bars – The days of one hit and you’re dead are gone, but keep an eye on your ship’s health if you want to make it to your final destination!
- PS4 Limited Edition – Physical edition includes an exclusive Raiden V Soundtrack CD!
Check out the Trailer:
For starters, cooperative play is now included. How that wasn’t included in the original Raiden V is beyond me. That seems like a very basic thing that every shmup has, but I guess that is now a “new” feature. It looks like we’re also getting full narration for the storyline, full 1080p support, three new ships, a “Cheer” attack (something to do with secondary weapons) and something called the “Tri View” HUD, which lets you look at your ship, command center and real-time status updates all at once.
More info at – Source