Puyo Puyo Tetris – The Frantic Four-Player Puzzle Mashup – Now Available in Europe
Get ready to stack, match, and clear colourful objects like you’ve never done before, because Puyo Puyo Tetris is now available in Europe. Tetriminos and Puyos collide, with players being able to frantically stack and clear by themselves or compete head-to-head with friends. The game has a variety of modes for puzzle fiends – from single-player Adventure and Challenge modes to ferocious competition with up-to-four player Arcade modes – for tons of Tetris/Puyo variety. There are many match types that will challenge even the most grizzled puzzle game veteran.
Adventure – Single-player mode offers ten unique acts, each with ten stages featuring different characters from the Puyo Puyo and Tetris universes. Each stage contains unique challenges players will need to overcome in order to win and move on!
Multiplayer Arcade – For up to four local players, Multiplayer Arcade offers a wealth of game variants that will bring out players’ competitive nature!
· Versus – Players compete head-to-head in either Puyo Puyo or Tetris to fight in the puzzle fight of their life.
· Swap – Players’ abilities are put to the ultimate test when they compete on both Puyo Puyo and Tetris boards, which switch back and forth at set intervals.
· Fusion – A true hybrid game where players compete with Puyos and Tetriminos together on the same board, requiring deft, on-the-fly thinking to become victorious.
· Big Bang – It’s a race to the finish as players compete against each other to clear unique challenge boards as quickly as possible to win.
· Party – Players compete on Puyo or Tetris boards, but the puzzles feature special items that when activated either help players or harm their opponents.
Online – Players can try their puzzle skills on a global scale by playing any of the multiplayer modes with up to four players online in Puzzle League or Free Play modes.
· Puzzle League – Increase player rating, earn ranks and aspire to new leagues in this mode for competitive enthusiasts.
· Free Play – A more casual experience where records aren’t kept and players can customize matches with unique settings, and invite their friends to play.
· Replays – Players can save and upload any online matches to show off to their friends, or search other players’ replays using the tag and filtering system to see how they tackled matches.
Solo Arcade – Play any of the Multiplayer Arcade modes against the CPU in Battle or Endurance matches, or try single-player challenges:
· Battle – Substitute human players with 1-3 CPU opponents to fight against simultaneously.
· Endurance – Go the distance in a one-on-one gauntlet of never-ending CPU opponents, racking up as many wins as possible.
· Challenge – Forget about the opponents and put skills to the test with Sprint, Marathon and more, like the quirky Tiny Puyo, which shrinks down Puyos to fit even more on the board.
Puyo Puyo Tetris is available for the PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
Check out the Trailer:
While the game’s story mode, which tells the story of two puzzle-based worlds merging into one, alternates between Puyo Puyo, Tetris and mixed battles, in multiplayer players can opt to pick their poison. When in doubt, go with what you know. Or accidentally pick Puyo Puyo and get decimated by a very good Tetris player.
More info at – Source