Square Enix is setting up to debut their Shadowbringers expansion for their MMORPG final Fantasy XIV. Along with the upcoming expansion, the studio has also triggered a new free trial run for those users who have recently abandoned the adventure, allowing inactive accounts to log back into the game free of charge for a seven day period.
Players may hop back into the action and experience all story related content bringing players up to speed on what the new Shadowbringers expansion is all about. However, there are a few stipulations as to who is eligible to join.
Only users who have purchased Final Fantasy XIV and who have held an inactive account for more than 30 days are eligible. And any registered service accounts participating in the free period will be inactive throughout the duration of the campaign.
There are also quite a few notes from the official Final Fantasy XIV website, which may be found below:
- The free login period begins as soon as you log into the game launcher using your Square Enix user name and password.
- Including the day on which you first log in, the free login period lasts approximately seven days. For example, players who log in on April 20, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. (PDT) can play free of charge until April 26, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. (PDT)
- Players who are logged in when their free login period expires will be forcibly logged out from the game.
- Players with multiple service accounts registered to a single Square Enix account cannot participate if at least one of the accounts is currently active.
- Service accounts that have been canceled or suspended due to a violation of the service agreement cannot participate.
- Players who purchase a subscription during their free login period will forfeit the remaining duration of said period.
- Players cannot log in using a platform on which their service accounts have not been registered.
- Players can log in using all platforms on which their service account has been registered.
- When attempting to participate in the free login campaign using a Square Enix account with multiple service accounts, the free login period will be valid only for the first service account selected upon logging in. Please note that you may be unable to participate in the free login campaign with more than one service account at a time.
- If you cannot log in using a second service account even after meeting all other requirements, we ask that you wait for the free login period to expire on your first service account and try again.
- Server maintenance may be carried out during the free login period. Please note that you will be unable to log in to the game during maintenance.
- In accordance with the expansion of the North American data center, maintenance is scheduled to take place for an extended period on Tuesday, April 23, 2019. Please note that you will be unable to log into the game during this maintenance.
The Final Fantasy XIV Shadowbringers expansion is set to release on July 2, 2019 for the PS4 and PC. Inactive accounts may take on the seven day Free Login Campaign between the dates of April 8, 2019 (today) through June 17, 2019.