Nintendo has recently announced that Trade Evolution has been implemented to Pokémon GO. What has been a classic since the first generation of Pokémon games, is now available with the latest update. Unovan Pokémon have also been added, and can be found in the wild or in eggs. Gurdurr, Karrablast and Shelmet will be available.
Trainers will now benefit from being able to evolve their Pokémon without the need of spending candies. Previous trade based evolution Pokémon like Graveler evolve naturally. Now they can be evolved without costing any candy. The Pokemon Go Team explains, this system is applied retroactively, players who had a Machoke from another trainer, will get “their candy cost reduced to zero”.
Finally, here’s a list of all the new Unovan Pokemon added to the game:
- Pokémon appearing in the wild: Roggenrola, Tympole, Dwebble, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, Shelmet, and more.
- Pokémon hatching from Eggs:
- 2 km Eggs: Venipede and Dwebble
- 5 km Eggs: Roggenrola, Tympole, Trubbish, Karrablast, Joltik, and Shelmet
- 10 km Eggs: Timburr, Tirtouga, Archen, and Axew
- Pokémon appearing in raids: Timburr will also be available in one-star raids.
- Pokémon appearing in the wild in certain parts of the world:
- North America, South America, and Africa: Throh (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Europe, Asia, and Australia: Sawk (also available in 10 km Eggs)
- Southern United States, Mexico, Central America, the Caribbean, and South America: Maractus
- Egypt and Greece: Sigilyph
- Eastern hemisphere: Red-Striped Form Basculin
- Western hemisphere: Blue-Striped Form Basculin
Pokémon Go started 2020 with lots of new content, and events. The fight against Team GO Rocket continues, players will need to help Professor Willow and the team leaders take down this villainous group. Trainers must fight Giovanni in order to save another Legendary Pokémon: Shadow Moltres.