Overwatch’s new hero is Brigitte Lindholm
Popular team-based first-person shooter Overwatch dropped its 27th hero, and she’s a support character packing a big ol’ hammer and shield.
Brigitte will be the sixth new hero added to the game, and the first new Overwatch character in 2018. The daughter of defense hero Torbjörn, Brigitte previously appeared in an animated short called “Honor and Glory,” which told the backstory of her mentor and godfather, tank hero Reinhardt. Similar to her father, Brigitte is a gifted engineer, who expresses a desire to take an active role in supporting her comrades on the battlefield.
Brigitte takes the role of a support hero, with abilities similar to those of her father figures Torbjörn and Reinhardt. Donning her own set of armor, Brigitte can protect both herself and her teammates. Her Rocket Flail and Barrier Shield make her essentially a mini-Reinhardt, with a melee weapon and an absorbent defensive mechanism. But Brigitte’s flail allows for multiple faster swings, and the Whip Shot ability allows her to knock enemies in her line of sight away from her. Her Barrier Shield may be significantly smaller, but unlike Reinhardt, once her shield is deployed, she is able to utilize a Shield Bash to stun enemies.
Here is the official breakdown of Brigitte’s abilities, via Blizzard:
- Rocket Flail – Brigitte’s melee weapon has an extended range, enabling her to strike multiple enemies with a single swing.
- Repair Pack – Brigitte throws a Repair Pack that can heal an ally. Any healing over that ally’s maximum health provides them with armor instead.
- Whip Shot – Brigitte throws her flail a long distance, dealing damage and knocking an enemy away from her.
- Barrier Shield – Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier to absorb a limited amount of damage.
- Shield Bash – Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte can dash forward to stun an enemy.
- Inspire – When Brigitte hits enemies with her flail, she also heals nearby allies over time.
- Rally – Brigitte moves faster and provides all nearby allies with armor that lasts until it’s removed by damage.
Currently, Overwatch is going through a Lunar New Year seasonal event, celebrating the Year of the Dog with a new map, new competitive mode, changes to the Capture the Flag mode, and of course, cool new skins for your favorite heroes via loot boxes. Brigitte is available to play right now through the game’s PTR server (only on PC), with a full release on PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4 at a later date.
Check out the Trailer:
More info at – Source
Check out our latest news – Here!