Square Enix and People Can Fly revealed today new details of the huge demo for Outriders set to launch next Thursday, February 25. The demo will include all four classes, cross-play functionality and the progress made in the demo can be exported to the full game when available.
The demo will be live at 9:00 AM PT/12:00 PM ET on Thursday, February 25 on PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, PC (Steam and GeForce NOW). The download size is 24 GB on PC, 22 GB on consoles, without the ability to pre-load it. The demo is free for all players, there is no need to pre-order the game to enjoy the game.
The servers will go live at 12:00 pm Pacific Time on Thursday, February 25. Here is the list of all the key features:
- There is no time limit, either for playing or for accessing it prior to launch. The demo is also planned to remain live beyond launch.
- The demo includes the game’s prologue & opening chapter. This means that gear & enemies that you come across will be the early game variants. The further you get in the full Outriders story, the more twisted, exotic and powerful both gear & enemies will become
- The Outriders demo runs up until the showdown with Gauss, the first rival Altered who may be even more dangerous than you.
- The demo includes all 4 classes and 6 character slots.
- Your Character levels are capped to Level 7
- You can progress up to World Tier 5.
- Resources will be capped at a certain (generous) amount in order to safeguard balancing for when you go into the main game.
- You will be able to transfer your progress if you play the main game on the same platform account (Platforms are PlayStation / Xbox / Steam). Progress will not transfer between the Demo on Steam and the Full Game on the Epic Store.
Another positive note that Square Enix confirmed is that the Outriders’ demo will continue to be available after the game launches on April 1. There is not a time limit for playing it.