Nintendo Direct Super Smash Brothers Ultimate Overview
All the rumors of Banjo-Kazooie, Shadow the Hedgehog are in the past now all thanks to today’s Nintendo Direct of Super Smash Brothers Ultimate. A week ago, we posted a leak that appeared on reddit indicating that Banjo, Geno among other characters were going to appear on Smash Brothers Ultimate, however, It was demonstrated by the recent Nintendo Direct that the leak was fake, as always, we always encourage our readers to take leaks and rumors with a grain of salt, no matter how credible they seem to be.
Today in the Nintendo Direct of Smash Brothers Ultimate we got a lot of surprises including new Characters, Stages, Modes, Amiibos and a season pass!
First of all the characters are Ken from Street Fighters, Incineroar from Pokemon Moon/Sun and Piranha Plant from any mario series, plus there will be a season pass that will content 5 more characters, 5 more stages and background music.
The new mode it’s called “Spirit Mode”, players can use a “spirit” to put some new power ups to your character, for example the player can select Mario and put the Thwomp spirit and uses for his benefit in the match, there are 3 types of spirits, damage, support and defense.
Game director Masahiro Sakurai also announced the new story mode called World of Light followed by a trailer.
Check out the Trailer:
In case that you missed the direct, dont worry we got your back:
In the final Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Nintendo Direct video presentation before the game launches exclusively for the Nintendo Switch system on Dec. 7, Nintendo blew the lid off of many new modes, fighters and gameplay features of the massive video game crossover event, including details about upcoming DLC. With the reveal of new fighters Ken from the Street Fighter series and Incineroar from the Pokémon franchise, all playable fighters at launch – all 74 of them! – have been unveiled. But more fighters, stages and music tracks will be coming in the form of DLC, which was also announced in the video presentation.
Some of the highlights revealed in the video include:
• HadoKEN!: Hailing from the Street Fighter series, Ryu’s rival Ken joins the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate roster as an echo fighter. This Ken is based on his appearance in Super Street Fighter II Turbo. While he has some similar moves to Ryu, Ken is a slightly faster fighter and has a different shaped Hadoken.
• Incineroar: The final fighter to join the battle in time for the game’s launch is Incineroar, the advanced evolution of Litten, who made his first appearance in the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon games. Incineroar uses pro-wrestling moves, culminating in an epic Final Smash called Max Malicious Moonsault, based on his Z-Move from the Pokémon games.
• Spirits: In the world of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, many video game characters lose their forms and become “spirits” that serve as a power-up of sorts for a player’s main playable fighter. There is a massive number of wildly different spirits, ranging from Chibi-Robo to Dr. Wily to Tails to Revolver Ocelot, with the giant list of characters going on and on. Players can equip primary and support spirits to power up or add additional abilities like speed or strength to their fighter during battles. Mixing and matching spirits will help players get the upper hand against certain opponents, adding quite a bit of strategy to battles. Equipping a spirit is similar to equipping a charm or accessory in an RPG. It’s a way for players to enjoy a massive amount of additional video game characters outside of selecting them as playable fighters.
• Spirit Battles: The main way to acquire spirits is to win Spirit Battles. After winning a Spirit Battle, players will have to complete a roulette challenge to acquire that spirit.
• Leveling Up Spirits: By battling with spirits by their side, players can level up spirits, giving them extra power and sometimes unlocking enhanced forms. The more leveled up and trained spirits are, the more powerful and useful they are.
• Spirit Combinations: With an insane amount of spirits in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, thousands of combinations can be formed. Players will be constantly surprised and excited by all the spirits that pop up in the game. Because players might collect an abundance of spirits, the game will offer recommendations for primary and support spirits, making the selection process a little bit easier.
• DLC: New fighters, stages and music will be coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate through the end of February 2020 in the form of paid DLC. For only $5.99, players can purchase one set, which includes a new playable fighter (not an Echo Fighter), a new stage and a variety of music tracks. By purchasing a Fighters Pass for $24.99, players will get access to five yet-to-be-announced sets, which is five new fighters, five stages and multiple music tracks, as they release. Players who purchase a Fighters Pass will also receive an in-game outfit based on Rex from Xenoblade Chronicles 2 starting Dec. 7. Pre-purchasing the digital version of the game with the Fighters Pass in Nintendo eShop or on Nintendo.com before 11:59 p.m. ET on Dec. 6 will earn My Nintendo members 425 bonus Gold Points, or double the usual amount. The bonus points will be issued on the game’s launch day.
Full Press Release – Source
Check out our latest news – Here!