According to the official Battlefield V blog, “On Wake Island, [players will] get up-close, attack straight on, or flank the enemy using amphibious vehicles. Just as on the original map, the open sandbox design offers multiple approaches to any situation whether you’re invading or defending.”
Brief assets being implemented for Wake Island include the following:
- Fast (Breakthrough mode)
- Slow (Conquest mode)”
Furthermore, EA-DICE says that Wake Island’s playstyle caters to air/sea/land warfare, “as well as different tempos based on which game mode [gamers are] playing.” In addition, the map’s size changes the amount of action players encounter based on where they are on the island. “All flags have been designed for close-quarters combat, while the spaces between the flags have been designed for slower-paced gameplay. There are locations on the maps which are suited for the Recon class as well but have been balanced with a high risk, high reward design in mind.”
Moreover, the six capture points on the map are as follows:
- Ammo Depot
- Oil Tanks
EA-DICE also provided Five Tips for Success on Wake Island:
- “In Breakthrough, attackers get tanks in the first sector, defenders don’t. If you’re attacking, take advantage of this. Also, if you spot defenders hiding in the Hotel, take it down! Defenders can build Fortifications to counter this.
- Attackers can find ways to destroy the Hangar as well. Defenders should set up tank traps as soon as possible to stop the tanks from moving into the Hangar.
- Some of the bunkers can be destroyed, some cannot. Defenders can use the tunnels leading to the bunkers to their advantage by creating a choke point.
- The last sector is the prime target for calling in artillery or rocket Reinforcements. Use them.
- Do not underestimate the small boats! They are fast, nimble, and perfect for flanking.”
Gaming Instincts is dedicated to bringing its readers all the latest and greatest news and updates for all their favorite titles and more. Be sure to follow Gaming Instincts on Facebook and Twitter for more gaming news!