NetherRealm Hopes To Deliver Cross-Play To Mortal Kombat 11 At Some Point
According to WCCFTECH reports during a press event for Mortal Kombat 11 a Derek Kirzic who works for NetherRealm Studios as a game designer was asked if Mortal Kombat 11 would feature cross-play functionality, the game designer gave a precise answer that it’s something the developer is not discussing right now, but it’s a feature that they would like to include and they hope to do it later.
While promising cross-play it’s really impossible since that’s a decision shared by developers and the likes of Sony, Nintendo and Xbox, the reporter it’s very smart to ask as there is a huge possibility that Mortal Kombat 11 could feature cross-play functionallity if NetherRealm really wants it.
Mortal Kombat 11 features Unreal Engine 4, which it’s an engine developed by Epic Games, a company which has released a statement in which they promises to help developers to find cross-platform functionality as it’s a way to help small developers to grow.
At Epic, our goal is to help game developers succeed. Throughout 2019, we’ll be launching a large set of cross-platform game services originally built for Fortnite, and battle-tested with 200,000,000 players across 7 platforms. These services will be free for all developers, and will be open to all engines, all platforms, and all stores. As a developer, you’re free to choose mix-and-match solutions from Epic and others as you wish.
- Cross-Platform Login, Friends, Presence, Profile, and Entitlements (coming Q2-Q3 2019 to PC, other platforms throughout 2019): Provides the core functionality for persistently recognizing players across multiple sessions and devices; identifying friends; and managing free and paid item entitlements. This will support all 7 major platforms (PC, Mac, iOS, Android, PlayStation, Xbox, Switch) to the full extent each platform allows per-title.
- PC/Mac Overlay API (coming Q3 2019): Provides a user interface for login, friends, and other features in a game-agnostic, engine-agnostic way.
- Cross-Platform Voice Comms (coming Q3 2019 to all platforms): Epic is building a new in-game voice communications service supporting all platforms, all stores, and all engines, which will be available for free. (For developers needing an immediately-available voice solution, check out Discord, Vivox, TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, and Mumble.)
- Cross-Platform Parties and Matchmaking (coming Q3-4 2019 to all platforms)
- Cross-Platform Data Storage, Cloud-Saved Games (coming Q2 2019)
- Cross-Platform Achievements and Trophies (coming Q3 2019)
Find more about Epic Game Cross-Platform Services – Here.
Read the full article at – WCCFTECH.
Don’t miss any of the latest news at – Gaming Instincts