Microsoft to offer Self-Service Refunds for Xbox One & Windows 10
According to an image of an upcoming update posted on Reddit Microsoft will offer players the ability to ask for a refund for digital games, games must have been purchased through Xbox Live, and will work across Xbox One and PC, this can be made without having to talk with a Microsoft support representative.
Check out the leaked image from reddit:
“It will be a simple process to request a refund:
- Go to account.microsoft.com and sign-in.
- Select Payment & Billing from the top menu.
- Select Order History.
- Find the purchased app or game, then select Request a refund.
The following conditions apply for those seeking a refund:
- Games and apps are only eligible for refunds within two weeks of purchase if you have less than 2 hours of usage across all accounts on that device.
- DLC, season passes, and DLC are not eligible for self-service refunds.
- The game or app must be downloaded and launched at least once before requesting a self-service refund.
- You must wait at least one day after the game or app’s launch before requesting a refund.
- Certain Windows 10 apps may not be eligible for a self-service refund. Presumably at developer’s requests.
- Microsoft emphasizes that it reserves the right to block access for users who abuse self-service refunds. So, people who repeatedly purchase, then refund games simply to test them out are likely to find themselves with a ban
Digital refunds are increasingly important in an age where physical content is fading out. It’s likely cheaper to offer Microsoft an automated method for obtaining these refunds, rather than have a human process whether or not the requests are valid and genuine. It looks as though Microsoft will utilize some sort of algorithm to ensure the system isn’t abused, so, don’t expect this to be a platform-wide game demo opportunity.”
More info at – Source