Publisher Frontier Foundry and developer Ratloop Games Canada announced today that the turn-based combat strategy first-person shooter, Lemnis Gate, will launch for the Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC via Steam this summer.
Check the next-generation announcement trailer below:
Lemnis Gate features a unique time loop mechanic that allows players to progressively build strategies, the game also features seven operatives, each bringing a distinct primary weapon and special ability. Players can participate online or local, 1v1 and 2v2 matches. The rules of Lemnis Gate are simple: defeat opponents across five, 25-second rounds.
The twist is they’re the same 25 seconds; repeated. Within them, players take turns to execute an action, whether blasting enemies, capturing targets, or stealing objectives. After all turns have been taken, the next round begins.
Lemnis Gate is a game that rewards strategy, observation, and forward thinking. Players have the freedom to devise unique game plans, and countless ways to execute them, no two matches are ever the same.
- Think Differently – Matches in Lemnis Gate take place within time loops. You have 25 seconds to execute your action, be it blasting an enemy, maneuvering your operative, or setting up your next move. After all players have taken turns, the next 25-second round begins. Now you’ll face what has happened while setting up what will happen. Each of the five rounds is your chance to alter the timeline as past, present, and future converge.
- Strategic Combat in the Fourth Dimension – Victory doesn’t rely on shooting supremacy. You’ll have to use skill and strategy to create unstoppable game plans and get the drop on opponents. It’s all about non-linear logic, abstract thinking, and outlandish maneuvers. Execute audacious acts and think several moves ahead to get the win.
- A Time-Bending Tactical Shooter – With a varied cast of characters to choose from, how you play is up to you. Lay damaging toxic waste in your enemy’s path, slow time to land the perfect shot, or deploy protective orbs to assist your future self. Every operative possesses a distinctive loadout and special ability that proves decisive on the battlefield.
- Team Up with Yourself – Welcome to the team comprised entirely of one: you. With Lemnis Gate’s innovative auto co-op feature, you command every member of your side. Auto co-op gives you total control of five deep-space operatives, effectively enabling two competitors to duke it out in bustling ten-character matches. Become a literal one-person army.
- Countless Possibilities, Endless Outcomes – From the first second to the last, anything can happen in Lemnis Gate. Each round is a fresh chance to implement an unbeatable new strategy—or earn redemption from an earlier error. Predict hostiles’ routes, infiltrate enemy lines, and develop multi-layered gameplans by co-operating with yourself. Experiment both in and outside time, and get creative with causality.
Lemnis Gate will be launching in Summer 2021 on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Stay tuned at Gaming Instincts via Twitter, YouTube, and Facebook for more gaming news.