Hacktag, Confirmed to Infiltrate Steam on February 14
Piece of Cake Studios, an independent videogame studio specializing in co-op games, today announced that its award-winning co-op stealth game, Hacktag, will release for PC and Mac via Steam on February 14th. The isometric game, which features both solo and two-player modes, pairs a physical Agent and a virtual Hacker as they secretly infiltrate corporations and “liberate” their data.
Set in 2029 in a parallel world populated by cute, anthropomorphic animals, Hacktag is a fast-paced two-player co-op stealth-game with asymmetric gameplay. One player is an Agent in the field while the other is a virtually-infiltrated Hacker. Hired as mercenaries by competing corporations, the two players work together to carry out espionage missions via online or local co-op—or in solo mode, one player switches between the two roles.
In Hacktag, the Agent moves physically through a corporate building level while the Hacker moves alongside electronically via network nodes. While the Agent avoids physical guards (watch out for those pandas!), the Hacker avoids anti-virus software moving through the network, with both players seeking to hack computers to steal the data required for mission success. While some tasks can be accomplished by either player, many tasks require the cooperation of both—for instance, opening a locked door requires the Hacker to electronically unlock it while the Agent physically opens it.
“We’ve been working night and day to get Hacktag ready to bring co-op stealth to PC players who like to play together,” said Marine Lemaitre Freland, Co-Founder and CEO of Piece of Cake Studios. “Feedback from our community has been tremendous and we’ve added new modes and features to make the game even more fun while keeping its subversive nature front and center.”
Check out the Trailer:
The whole Hacktag experience is designed to make the players feel like they are the heroes in a spy or heist movie.
- Online and local multiplayer: Play separately or share the same screen.
- Solo mode: Simultaneously handle the dual roles of the agent and the hacker in frantic, fast-paced gameplay.
- Original asymmetrical gameplay and co-op mini-games: With the timer ticking, deactivate alarms and unlock doors or holding cells.
- “Co-opetitive” gameplay: As mercenaries, your partner is also your best competitor!
- 3 corporations, 2 types of missions.
- Gain experience and add unlockable skills: Choose new active or passive skills as you gain levels.
- Online challenges, ranking and leaderboards:
- Full character creation: Customize your anthropomorphic animal character with more than 360 unlockable items.
- Unique story for each player: Experience Hacktag’s story with each role getting its own unique NPCs.
More info at – Source
Check out our latest news – Here!