Guacamelee! 2 Launches August 21
Guacamelee! 2, a Metroidvania starring a luchador named Juan Aguacate, has a release date. PlayStation 4 and PC players will be able to pick it up on August 21, 2018. It will be $19.99. (PlayStation Plus members get a 20% pre-order discount.)
Here is a general overview of the game, via its Steam page:
Brawling has never been more beautiful! The long-awaited sequel to the smash hit action-platformer is here: Guacamelee! 2 brings luchador Juan Aguacate out of retirement for a stunning new Metroidvania-style adventure, where he must face his greatest challenge yet – one that threatens to tear apart the very fabric of the Mexiverse!
Explore a huge, hand-crafted world inspired by Mexican culture and folklore, filled with sassy new villains and weirdos (and a few old friends!). Learn a deep repertoire of bone-crunching wrestling moves to fend off the skeletal hordes and overcome skillful platforming challenges… and who said anything about a Chicken Illuminati? Certainly not us!
- An epic adventure spanning time and space, featuring drop-in 4-player local co-op for you and your best amigos!
- A brand new upgrade system: discover “trainers” around the world, defeat their challenges, and develop your skill sets for movement, combat, and more!
- A vibrant, colorful adventure that takes you from the Mangrove Swamp to Hell itself, featuring twice as many enemy types as the first game and a roster of eccentric new bosses!
- An absolutely fuego electro-Mexican soundtrack, and more gorgeous visuals than ever thanks to a fancy new rendering engine!
- Definitely no secret society of chickens that teaches you ancient chicken abilities previously lost to the ages!
Check out the Trailer:
There’s no word on Switch or Xbox One versions of Guacamelee 2 just yet, although that’s not surprising. DrinkBox told us in March that it was focused on the PS4 version at the time, and it’s already available on PC at launch. While we wouldn’t put money down on support for other platforms, it might just be a matter of time before you’re wrestling supernatural baddies on your system of choice.
More info at – Source
Check out our latest news – Here!