Free-to-play Paragon getting $60 retail release
Epic Games has announced that Paragon is getting a $60, PlayStation 4 retail version. The free-to-play MOBA will be available for digital download, of course, but the retail version comes with a bunch of bonuses.
It’s called the Essentials Edition, and here’s everything it comes with:
- 6,000 Paragon Coins (worth $60): In-game currency to spend on additional Master Challenges, skins, boosts, and other items that I’ll see as you stand over my corpse.
- Five Hero Master Challenges: Includes Master Challenges for Twinblast, Sevarog, Iggy & Scorch, and two soon-to-be-announced Heroes.
- Each Master Challenge immediately grants a Challenger skin and permanent XP boost, plus unlocks unique rewards as you play, including a taunt (that you’ll use on me) and the Master skin.
- Five Skins, including the launch-exclusive Wasteland Twinblast skin: For now, you can only get the Wasteland Twinblast skin in the Essentials Edition.
- Five Rep Boosts (each lasts for three wins): Rep boosts speed up how quickly you earn Rep, which you can spend on card packs, Master Challenges, and more.
Paragon is slated for release sometime this year on PC and PS4. You also get an extra 1,000 Paragon Coins if you pre-order.
Check out the Trailer:
“The developer has also confirmed the dates for Paragon’s free beta weekends on PC and PS4. The first phase to stress test servers will kick off on 28 April and run until 1 May. The second phase will begin on 5 May and run until 8 May.”
More info at – Source