Facebook announced today the addition of a cloud streaming service to Facebook Gaming, the service is now available in some regions in the U.S.
The list of playable games are as follows:
- Asphalt 9: Legends by Gameloft
- Mobile Legends: Adventure by Moonton
- PGA TOUR Golf Shootout by Concrete Software, Inc
- Solitaire: Arthur’s Tale by Qublix Games
- WWE SuperCard by 2K.
- Dirt Bike Unchained by Red Bull (coming later)
Access to cloud games on Facebook will roll out in the US, initially available across California, Texas, and Northeast and Mid-Atlantic states including, Massachusetts, New York, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Washington, D.C., Virginia, and West Virginia. We’ll expand regional access in the coming months as we scale the infrastructure needed to roll out cloud gaming across the US.
The Facebook platform will also serve to game developers for reinventing ads, users might get a mini-demo of a game that is essentially an ad.
“For developers, creation of cloud playable ads takes less time and is less expensive, and allows for more options. Multiple pieces of creative can run from a single APK. Developers can customize the experience by swapping out different levels, characters, and more.
Players get a better sense of games before they commit precious money, download time, or storage space.Our beta partners for cloud playable ads include: 2K, FunPlus, Gameloft, Glu Mobile, Gram Games, Rovio, and Wildlife Studios.”
Facebook Gaming has designed its Cloud Streaming strategy following a five principle vision.
1. We’re not going to overpromise and under-deliver
2. We’re not trying to replace your favorite gaming hardware
3. We’re going to start with what we do best, and expand from there
4. We’re not spinning off a separate cloud gaming service