The Escapists 2 Announced, Introduces Multiplayer
The Escapists 2 will once again center around breaking out of prison, but a number of improvements are coming. These include more crafting items including building your own taser, local and online multiplayer for up to four players, a revamped combat system that introduces a lock-on targeting system, more detailed sprites, and better character customization options.
The big new feature here is the multiplayer, I reckon, which adds online (and split-screen!) co-op and competitive shenanigans to the series.
You’ll also have more choices on how to escape, such as tying together sheets from windows to make your way down multiple level prisons.
The Escapists will release next year for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
Check out the Trailer:
• Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop-out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes
• New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
• New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
• New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
• New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style
• More character customisation – New customisation options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level. Play as a girl! Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours
• More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated
More info at – Source