On This Week At Bungie, the development team behind Destiny 2 revealed that the upcoming season will return several weapons and armors sets from the Forsaken‘s Dreaming City and Shadowkeep‘s Moon DLCs. The intention is to return some of the loot that was removed from the Beyond Light expansion.
Bungie has acknowledged that “a few clear-cut misses” were present in the loot balance in Beyond Light. The development team promised to release more new guns in future updates while also bringing back some old favorites.
While we still are hard at work on improvements to how we rotate gear out of the Destiny Power ecosystem (what gear you can infuse to max Power), there were a few clear-cut misses with our first rollout. Said Joe Blackburn, Assistant Game Director on Destiny 2.
Bungie has been collecting feedback on various Destiny system, the development team is working on DDoS protection on consoles, crossplay, and transmog. This week, Bungie’s Rewards Area Lead, Justin Dazet talked about what fans can expect on Destiny 2: Beyond Light – Season 13:
Justin: Last month, Assistant Game Director Joe Blackburn spoke about some changes we were making to gear in Season 13 in response to some feedback. Today we’re going to briefly chat about what some of these changes are as they relate to our back catalog of expansions, and the reasoning behind them.First let’s review a list of what you’ll see starting in Season 13:
- Reissued Dreaming City Reverie Dawn and Moon Dreambane armor.
- These will also drop with high stats when earned in Shattered Throne or Pit of Heresy.
- The final chest in Pit of Heresy will no longer drop a fully Masterworked Dreambane armor piece.
- Instead, the Dreambane armor piece that drops will have 7 armor energy and is guaranteed to drop with at least a +16 in two different stats and higher stats overall.
- Dreambane class items will not drop from this chest.
- Reissued 4 weapons for Dreaming City with new Perk Pools.
- Waking Vigil, Sleepless, Vouchsafe, and Retold Tale.
- Dreaming City weapons that drop in the Shattered Throne dungeon can roll with perks that are unavailable from drops from other reward sources.
- Reissued 4 weapons for the Moon with new Perk Pools.
- Premonition (Pit of Heresy only), Heretic, Blasphemer, and Apostate.
- Weapons that drop in the Pit of Heresy dungeon can roll with perks that are unavailable from drops from other reward sources.
- Expanding Lost Sector Legend and Master rotation to 4 Moon Sectors.
- K1 Logistics, K1 Communication, K1 Crew Quarters, and K1 Revelation.