Bungie announced recently that cross-play functionality will be supported across platforms for all Destiny 2 players.
Destiny 2 crossplay feature has been on the player’s wish list for quite some time, the studio has often expressed their intentions to support the feature as long as PlayStation, Xbox, and Steam reach an agreement. In an update on Bungie.net, Joe Blackburn, Assistant Game Director confirmed that Guardians will be fighting together on year four, he also teased more of the Season 14 goodies.
- Transmog will be coming with Season 14. More details to come. (See work-in-progress screen captures, below. Not final, may change!)
- DDOS protection for Destiny 2 players on all consoles will be coming in Season 13.
- The Vault of Glass raid returns.
- Crossplay is coming in 2021.
- Two strikes (Fallen S.A.B.E.R. and Devil’s Lair) are coming to Destiny 2 in Season 13.
- Legendary and Master Lost Sector rotation will be expanded to include the Lost Sectors on the Moon in Season 13, and there will be new three new pieces of Exotic armor to chase.
As revealed above, one of the most exciting new features is the introduction of Transmog, not much has been confirmed, but from the work-in-progress screenshots it looks like Destiny 2‘s customization will be more accessible and shaders will be easier to use.