Airship Syndicate’s highly-anticipated top-down hack and slash ARPG Darksiders Genesis is now available for play on PC and Google Stadia.
Featuring the long-awaited debut of the fourth and final horseman, Strife, as well as two-player co-op mode, Darksiders Genesis is the first Darksiders title played from a top-down perspective. In the game, horseman Strife can battle alongside his brother, fellow horseman War, in either a solo or co-op experience. Lone gamers can swap between Strife and War on the fly, taking advantage of ranged or melee attacks, respectively. To add to the fun, gameplay includes mounted combat, atop both horseman’s fabled steeds: Rampage and Mayhem.
An action-adventure that tears its way through Hell and back with guns blazing and swords swinging, Genesis offers players their first look at the Darksiders world before the events of the original game.
- Explore the epic world of Darksiders and wreak havoc with a friend in two-player cooperative mode, both online and couch co-op style.
- Blast angels and demons as the gunslinging Horseman Strife, playable for the first time.
- Swap between the powerful swordsman War and Strife instantly in frenetic, single-player gameplay.
- Experience a brand-new story campaign that takes place before the original Darksiders, exploring the origin of the Seven Seals.
- Grow in strength and power through collecting items, abilities, weapon enhancements, creature cores and more.
Darksiders Genesis has already received critical acclaim, with IGN ranking it 87/100, stating “There’s a really strong balance of great combat, clever puzzles, rich exploration, and excellent progression mechanics…” Genesis was also ranked 90/100 by God is a Geek, who said: “From the gorgeous visuals to the smooth, frenetic combat and environments that beg to be explored, the quality on display here is incredibly impressive.”
Darksiders Genesis is now available for PC and Stadia, and is additionally scheduled for release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch on February 14, 2020.
Gaming Instincts is dedicated to bringing its readers all the latest and greatest news and updates for all of their favorite titles and more. Be sure to follow Gaming Instincts on Facebook and Twitter for more gaming news!