CD Projekt Red released Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.21 yesterday addressing a long list of quest-related bugs and balancing the game’s teleporting police presence.
Cyberpunk 2077 version 1.20 released a couple of weeks ago targeting hundreds of bugs and other improvements, sadly for the development team, several annoying bugs remained intact. v1.21 hopes to improve the stability of the game and fix the most common quest issues that could potentially block progression.
- Fixed an issue where, after the player commits a crime on the roof of a building, NCPD officers would spawn behind the player’s back.
- Fixed an issue preventing the player from climbing ladders out of water.
- Fixed various issues related to clipping in NPCs’ clothes.
- Added back the icon above NPCs, who are under the Distract Enemies quickhack effect.
- Scanning UI is now less cluttered.
- Fixed an issue where Japanese/Traditional Chinese text could disappear if the player changed the interface language from English to one of these languages.
Stability and performance
- Various memory management improvements (reducing the number of crashes).
- Players should now be able to select stickers in Photo Mode using the Circle button in the Japanese version of the game on PlayStation 4.
- Fixed some graphical issues on a bridge in Mikoshi in Belly Of The Beast/Changes.
In recent news, CD Projekt’s CEO Adam Kiciński told Reuters that he does not have any intention of stopping developing updates and content for Cyberpunk 2077.
“I don’t see an option to shelve Cyberpunk 2077,” said Adam Kiciński. “We are convinced that we can bring the game to such a state that we can be proud of it and therefore successfully sell it for years to come.”
Cyberpunk 2077 patch 1.21 is now available on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Google Stadia, and, Windows PC.