Epic Games Store has made available this week’s free to play game, players can now download and keep Crying Suns, a tactical rogue-lite title that takes players on the role of a space fleet commander in an exploration of a fallen empire. Next week’s game was also confirmed to be STAR WARS Battlefront II: Celebration Edition.
Check Crying Suns’ launch trailer down below:
Coming from an independent developer does not mean that Crying Suns lacks gameplay features, the ambitious project manages to deliver a very compelling narrative, and offer key elements that add a lot of replay value:
- Space exploration in a procedurally-generated universe
- Tactical fights between battleships and their squadron fleets
- More than 300 possible story events
- A deep and dramatic storyline structured in 6 chapters
- A dark and disturbing atmosphere inspired by our favorite S-F universes (Foundation, Dune, Battlestar Galactica)
The story of the games takes place after the sudden destruction of the Galactic Empire. The OMNIs, god-like machines that did everything for their human masters, have mysteriously shut down. And humankind, having long since lost the ability to survive on its own, is dangerously close to extinction. Somewhere in a far corner of the Galaxy is Gehenna, a planet of ice and rock and a top-secret facility that is the pinnacle of Imperial Tech and also humanity’s last chance.
Source: Epic Games Store