Torn Banner Studios, and Tripwire confirmed that Chivalry II will launch with cross-play support on June 8, 2021, for both old-gen and next-gen consoles, and PC via Epic Games Store.
Announced as the next era of melee combat, the game will have closed beta access for pre-order customers on March 26, on all supported platforms.
Digital pre-orders are live today for PC for both the standard edition of Chivalry II, more news on the availability of console pre-orders will be announced soon.
Chivalry II offers pre-order incentives across the standard and special editions. The standard edition pre-order is available for both digital and retail will grant players the Royal Zweihänder weapon skin. The Special Edition offers the Agatha Jousting Knight Armor and Royal Broadsword, the Mason Jousting Knight Armor, the Gold Horseman’s Axe, the Roses novelty item, and more. All digital pre-orders of either the standard or special edition will guarantee access to the upcoming closed beta. Please visit the official website for additional pre-order information.
Chilvary II Cross-Play Closed Beta event will feature:
- Cross-Play Across All Platforms: Cross-Play smashes the boundaries between PC and console, allowing players to face-off on the battlefield together, regardless of platform.
- Size Matters: Experience the chaos of epic medieval battlefields, charge forth to the frontlines of battle, and experience true mass-scale combat supporting up to 64-players designed to capture the intensity and scope of “The Battle of the Bastards” from Game of Thrones.
- Master Blade, Bow, or… Chicken: Your arsenal expands with the new subclass system that provides more variety than ever before. Four base classes expand to 12 subclasses, including the Skirmisher, a melee/ranged hybrid – to the Poleman, a fighter who keeps foes at bay with long-distance melee.
- The World is Your Weapon: Own the field with a variety of heavy siege engines including Ballistae, Catapults, Trebuchet, Battering Rams, Mantlets, Spike Traps, Ladders, and more. Utilize traps to defend, including spikes, bear traps, and more. You can even deal damage with a smorgasbord of “found items” on the battlefield. Try downing a cup of mead and deal a killing blow with the empty chalice or finish off a foe by smashing him in the face with a flaming chicken!
- New Map – The Siege of Rudhelm: In the first public hands-on of Chivalry II since PAX East 2020, experience the return of the fan-favorite Team Objective mode and join attacking or defending teams as 64-players vie for control of a well-fortified castle in a never-before-seen map.
- Many Modes: In addition to Team Objective mode, closed beta participants can also sharpen their skills in a variety of other modes, including Team Deathmatch and Free-for-All.