According to a reliable source Ubisoft is actually working on the next Assassin’s Creed, although, what recent rumors claims is not even close to the work that is being done.
Daniel Ahmad who is a reliable source of information, works as a Senior Analyst at Niko Partners dismissed the speculation behind the next installment on the successful franchise.
Daniel Ahmad, ResetEra Forums.
Last week a leak appear on GameStop and Amazon Europe, screenshots of special editions of Assassin’s Creed: Ragnarok Vallhalla and Mjolnir. A few days later, more speculation found it’s way into forums, a user claimed to have information from Ubisoft.
What has been said about the game is that is going to be a cross-gen title, it will be announced on February 2020 and will release on September. The game will be “massive” a big chunk of Northern Europe is expected to be included, from London, to Paris and Kiev. Each Kingdom would be unique.
– Continues heavy RPG mechanics now including different classes and mild skill tree changes based on class. Player class can be changed by a specific character.
– Combat is upgraded with more weapon types and special abilities for every weapon grouping.- Each weapon can have runes added, be upgraded, and durability increased.
– Weapon durability does now come into play, forcing players to use their weapon pool more effectively and forced to manage a smaller inventory that can be upgraded
– Replacing adrenaline is a berserker mode which also activates special runes like fire, frost, or lightning damage.
– Parkour is upgraded with tree climbing and new animations
– Stealth is upgraded by having physical stealth skills such as hiding in mud, snow, crouching in bushes, hiding in bales of hay, etc.- Players can now also hide in crowds of civilians if their outfit/ armor is appropriate otherwise it can attract attention.
Co-op will also be included.
While Daniel Ahmad is a reliable source, his information is still unofficial, so still should be taken with a grain of salt.