AMD announced yesterday the Radeon RX 6000 series of graphics cards, the cards will be available on November 18 starting at 579 USD.
The AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series are designed on the new 7nm RDNA 2 architecture, according to AMD, all the cards will feature support for the new Microsoft DirectX 12 Ultimate API. AMD RDNA 2 gaming architecture provides up to 2X higher performance and up to 54 percent more performance-per-watt.
“Today’s announcement is the culmination of years of R&D focused on bringing the best of AMD Radeon graphics to the enthusiast and ultra-enthusiast gaming markets, and represents a major evolution in PC gaming,” said Scott Herkelman, corporate vice president and general manager, Graphics Business Unit at AMD.
“The new AMD Radeon RX 6800, RX 6800 XT and RX 6900 XT graphics cards deliver world-class 4K and 1440p performance in major AAA titles, new levels of immersion with breathtaking life-like visuals, and must-have features that provide the ultimate gaming experiences. I can’t wait for gamers to get these incredible new graphics cards in their hands.”
AMD Radeon RX 6000 Series graphics cards support high-bandwidth PCIe 4.0 technology and feature 16GB of GDDR6, here are the key features:
- AMD Infinity Cache – A high-performance, last-level data cache suitable for 4K and 1440p gaming with the highest level of detail enabled.
- AMD Smart Access Memory – It gives AMD Ryzen processors greater access to the high-speed GDDR6 graphics memory, accelerating CPU processing and providing up to a 13-percent performance increase on an AMD Radeon.
- DirectX 12 Ultimate Support – Provides a powerful blend of raytracing, compute, and rasterized effects, such as DirectX Raytracing and Variable Rate Shading.
- DirectX Raytracing – Adding a high performance, fixed-function Ray Accelerator engine to each compute unit.
- AMD FidelityFX – It features a collection of lighting, shadow, and reflection effects that make it easier for developers to add high-quality post-process effects that make games look beautiful while offering the optimal balance of visual fidelity and performance.
- Variable Rate Shading (VRS) – Dynamically reduces the shading rate for different areas of a frame that do not require a high level of visual detail, delivering higher levels of overall performance with little to no perceptible change in image quality.
- Microsoft DirectStorage Support – Future support for the DirectStorage API enables lightning-fast load times and high-quality textures by eliminating storage API-related bottlenecks and limiting CPU involvement.
- Radeon Software Performance Tuning Presets – Simple one-click presets in Radeon Software help gamers easily extract the most from their graphics card.
- Radeon Anti-Lag – Significantly decreases input-to-display response times and offers a competitive edge in gameplay.