3D Platformer Fumiko! – New content, new places, new everything
The Team behind Fumiko! added new content, new dialogue, new mechanics and a better menu. Players will be able to focus more on the narrative of the game and less on searching their way through the network. Many things have been implemented to improve accessibility for players who might be unfamiliar with 3D platforming.
Inspired by Serial Experiments Lain, this game takes you on a surreal trip through a twisted virtual network. Uncover the secrets this world tries to hide from you: an artificial intelligence named “Fumiko”!
Fumiko! combines rewarding exploration with a new approach to 3D platforming. You’ll quickly be unbound from gravity. No jump will be too short. Fumiko! is a sci-fi thriller that wants to be explored thoroughly.
In a single playthrough, lasting about 6-10 hours, you’ll encounter:
- 16 handcrafted and unique levels giving you a challenge, 14 social areas to explore ranging from small player homes to big public spaces
- Enemy A.I.s seeking your destruction while you escape from the testing lab, unique abilities to bypass them
- Fumiko overwriting her jump modules to gain ridiculous jump height, speeding through the air with the dash module
- Collect 26 memory fragments to uncover the mystery behind the network
- Supports the Xbox, Xbox360 and Steam Controller in addition to keyboard & mouse controls
Check out the Trailer:
This patch makes Fumiko! easier to explore but doesn’t take away from the challenge to figure some stuff out. In the end, it all comes down to giving just the right amount of hints to point to a general direction. Many small and broader changes were implemented to achieve that. Some of it is subtle, some things were completely rewired.
I thank everyone interested in the game for your time and I hope Fumiko! will be able to reach more players in the future. Without your support few indie developers would be able to make games. Thank you for sticking around.
More info at – Source