Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles for Switch Launches May 17th
It was announced by the former Activision producer and Rocksteady veterans at Prideful Sloth, that Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles, the open-world adventure where players explore the vibrant but troubled island of Gemea, will offer a relaxing experience on Nintendo Switch May 17. A Switch-exclusive photo mode will help you capture precious moments and share them with your friends.
Check out the announcement trailer of Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles, featuring some gameplay footage:
“Shipwrecked due to an unexpected storm, your young hero or heroine soon learns that they’re on the gorgeous island of Gemea. While taking refuge in a cave, a magical sprite explains that the land’s natural beauty is tainted by a strange, dark substance called Murk. With the sprite by your side, it’s up to you to both cleanse the land and assist the townsfolk and gain their trust. Farm, craft, cook, brew, and fish to restore the land to its former glory!
Wander through grand forests, resplendent peaks, and breezy shores to befriend Gemea’s lively villagers and adorable animals. Eight biomes with breathtaking day, night, and weather cycles abound with sprites that will help expel the murk, offer quests to help you earn your place on the island, and an abundance of other secrets to discover at your leisure.
The delightful wonders of Yonder are like a warm hug, and the Nintendo Switch system lets you take that hug wherever you want. Kick off those shoes at the end of a long day and relax while you continue your journey of self-discovery.
“Yonder can be your home away from home on Nintendo Switch,” said Cheryl Vance, co-founder and director at Prideful Sloth. “We hope to see players embrace the calming feel of the game, no matter where they are.”
Yonder will be available digitally for $29.99 USD on the Nintendo eShop, and will be available via physical retail for $39.99 on June 12 in the United States and June 15 in Europe and Australia.
Yonder: The Cloud Catcher Chronicles will be playable in English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Japanese, Russian, and Brazilian Portuguese.
- A vibrant open world full of things to discover and places to explore.
- Set your own pace; trail-blaze across the world or settle down for a spot of quiet fishing and farming.
- Extensive character customization.
- Master professions like carpenter, chef, tailor and more to help the residents of Gemea.
- Craft and trade items to solve puzzles as you banish the murk from the island.
- Befriend and adopt endearing creatures.
- Build and harvest multiple farms across 8 diverse biomes, ranging from grasslands through dense forest, Caribbean tropics and more.
- Set in a welcoming world you’ll want to visit again and again
- Multiple creative routes to achieve objectives.
- A dynamic living world – seasonal changes affect routes, animals migrate, day/night and evolving weather conditions affect the world.
- Spend time doing what you want: fishing, farming, crafting, questing, picking up rocks. It’s all up to you!”